This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got robbed.

As some of you might know, I work at Taco Hell. Tonight we had just gotten out of the store. The manager had locked the door and was in his car. I was with A(co-worker) as he called his mother to come pick him up. I was about to tell him that I would stay with him until she got there when 2(I saw 2 he said he saw 3) men ran up from the back parking lot with black ski masks and black clothing. The ran up to A first and asked him "who has the deposit" he said something I don't recall and one of the men punched him in the face. The man then ran up to me and asked me the same question. I put my hands in the air and told him "sir, I don't have it"

The man turned to his accomplice and said "OK let's go" they ran away the same way they came. I asked A a few times if he was alright, when he told me he was, I yelled for R(the manager) he stopped his car and I pulled out my phone and yelled that I was calling 911. I called 911 and told them what had happened.

So long story short, A's nose was busted up. The police caught some guy but said he was only a homeless person who the dog caught the trail of and had nothing to do with it.

I am still shaken up as you can imagine. Just wanted to tell someone about this.

Sorry to hear about this, but glad that you're alright.

Comment

I'm so sorry that happened, it must have been so scary, thank god you are alright!

Comment

Glad you're ok. Feel free to vent on here.

Rapscallion

Comment

Yeah, I can imagine you'd need to talk about it. That's what we're here for. *hugs*. I'm glad you're ok and glad A's injuries weren't any worse. I hope he heals quickly. Come back and vent more if you need to.
          The original Cookie in a multitude of cookies.

Comment

Wow, I that was very scary, just reading your story made me shudder. I'm glad that you weren't hurt, and your coworker *only* had his nose broken.
            I hope they find the idiots who tried to rob you, but I guess they were pros, when they couldn't get their loot fast, they ran away.
            Tell us about it as much as you like, it really helps to vent.
            No trees were killed in the posting of this message.

However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

That's horrific. I am very glad that you weren't hurt and that your co-worker wasn't too badly hurt (although a broken nose is pretty bad). Thank GOODNESS it wasn't worse.

Being robbed is a scary busness. Be easy on yourself for the next few days. The shock will probably kick in properly tomorrow.
              A person who is nice to you, but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person
              - Dave Barry

Comment

it just pisses me off. The manager was in his car driving away when the guys came up to us. He actually told me that he saw them coming and tried to drive away as fast as he could. Then I find out this morning that he was telling the cops that he just wanted to go home.

And the store manager says that R did the right thing by trying to drive away.

A's nose wan't broken. It was just bleeding pretty good. and yes the shock has started to get worse now.
                Last edited by Dave1982; 03-30-2011, 12:45 AM.

Comment

Quoth bedwards87
                  it just pisses me off. The manager was in his car driving away when the guys came up to us. He actually told me that he saw them coming and tried to drive away as fast as he could. Then I find out this morning that he was telling the cops that he just wanted to go home.

WTF?!?!?

I don't want to sound like an ITG,but I hate cowards.
                  "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

I am not sure if she meant he did the right thing by getting in his car and locking the door, or by driving away. Either way, it seems wrong to leave two employees sitting in the parking lot alone at 10:40 at night with the lights off.

And I know it might sound crazy but I can still remember the incident clear as day. I can still see the a$$clown robber standing in front of me. I know there was nothing I could have done about it but I keep thinking if I had pepper spray or a knife could I have done anything?

Comment

No. They had masks on, pepper spray might not have done anything much to them, and they would have been angry then. What if they'd gotten the knife away from you? You would just have gotten hurt, or worse. You did the right thing.

Don't be hard on yourself. These jerks were criminals.
                      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth bedwards87

In a strictly technical sense, I suppose the manger was right. The cops say, "don't be a hero."

In a strictly technical sense.

I couldn't have just bailed like that . . . or at least, I hope not.

Quoth bedwards87 View Post
                        I am not sure if she meant he did the right thing by getting in his car and locking the door, or by driving away. Either way, it seems wrong to leave two employees sitting in the parking lot alone at 10:40 at night with the lights off.

And I know it might sound crazy but I can still remember the incident clear as day. I can still see the a$$clown robber standing in front of me. I know there was nothing I could have done about it but I keep thinking if I had pepper spray or a knife could I have done anything?
                        You couldn't have done a thing about it. They got the drop on you. The best thing you could have done would have been to run towards some place lighted with other people around. That would have chased those guys off. But when something happens, the natural reaction is to hesitate so the brain can identify and evaluate what is happening and made a decision. That split second is all those thugs needed to get you.

Take a look at the surroundings of your Taco Hell. Look for places crooks might be hiding, and see if you can get the boss to light those places at night. Or if you can use a different door to leave the building. Some kind of procedural change when locking up might make the process safer for employees.

Sorry this happened and glad you're OK.

Have some cookies
                        They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

that is the problem. We had closed for the night and locked up the store, we exited out the front door where all of our cars were parked. The lights were off as we turn off the lights when the DT closes at 10.

M-the GM told me today that what R should have done was let A call his ride before we walked out of the store and only leave when A's ride arrived.

Comment

It just pisses me off that we do not have cameras. 2 years ago I was told by the then GM K that we would be getting cameras after A(another am) got robbed at gun point. 2 years later NO F'ING CAMERAS.

These jackholes are most likely never going to get caught now probably because we did not have cameras.

I do feel kind of bad for the homeless man the police detained though. Just bad luck that the K9 picked up on him.

BTW: Since I have been there we have been robbed at least 5 times. This is the first time it has happened to me but after one time you would think they would review security measures but 5+ is ridiculous.
                            Last edited by bedwards87; 03-29-2011, 02:32 AM.

Comment

I can believe it. I'm quite sympathetic. That must have been awful. And I'm glad you're okay.
                              Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Working...
                              X