This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who was more the SC...Them or Me

I have one of the Greendot Pre-Paid Master cards. At the time it was the best I could do to get a bank account (credit problems in the past - now resolved). It was great since at the time it was my only option to get Direct Deposit which my wife's business was strongly encouraging (to the point of informing her that her check would be delayed since she was the only person not using Direct Deposit.

Anyway, we're both using DD on the Greendot card and everything is going great. Until the one day where Greendot sent us a flier in the mail telling us about some new service. We had forgotten to update Greendot with our new address and when the mail came back as undeliverable...they froze our account.

Here's where the fun begins. My wife's DD was bounced and returned to the bank. It took the pity of the manager of her business to cut her a new check that day. We find out what happens and we get everything straightened out in a calm and polite fashion.

Next week my DD goes through without a problem. Week following and hers is bounced once again. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot over?

Calls are made and the bank informs us that unless they get a "release letter" from my bank (Greendot) informing them that the hold on my account was lifted that they will not process another DD.

<sigh>

Calls are made to Greendot and this is what I dealt with

GD - Greendot
    Me - <waves>

Me - I need to have you submit a release letter to my bank that the hold on my account is lifted.

GD - Well I see that the hold is lifted. All you have to do is re-enroll with your payroll company.

Me - I can't do that, they told me that under no circumstances will they ever process another DD without getting a release letter from you.

GD - But the hold is lifted. All you have to do is re-enroll with your payroll company.

Me - But I can't. Without that letter they will have nothing more to do with my wife without that letter

[repeat six more times...I kid you not]

GD - Just re-enroll with...

Me - Just how stupid do you think I am? I told you a number of times that they will not process another direct deposit unless you send a release letter. For Christ's sake the bank said it was an industry standard form letter that every bank has. Why can't you send it to the payroll company?

GD - We don't do those sir. It's too much of a hassle. You could get another card and that would give you a different account number.

Me - Which would cost more money for the card. Would take two weeks to get the new cards in which case her money is still unavailable. Would cost an additional $20 for the upgrade to the premier account so we can have more than $500 on the card at any one time. I don't think so, we're done here <click>

We found a real bank that very day

So I ask. Who was the jerk here. Them or Me?
    I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

GD - We don't do those sir. It's too much of a hassle. You could get another card and that would give you a different account number.
    Until this point, I thought maybe you were exaggerating the ignorance of the rep, apparently not so much. I vote you in the right, the company in the wrong.

Comment

"I'm sorry, doing my job properly is a hassle, so I'm just not going to do it anymore. Pay me anyway." Oh, yeah, that would fly.

Mongo, you were totally in the right.
      Labor boards have info on local laws for free
      HR believes the first person in the door
      Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
      Document everything
      CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

It's less of a hassle to open a whole new account than to just send what should be a form letter? Ok, less hassle for them, I guess.

I think they are the sucky ones cuz they clearly weren't listening to what you were saying.
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I think you were totally correct. You told them repeatedly the solution they gave was not acceptable and why, and their only counter was ridiculous. "How stupid do you think I am" wasn't the most diplomatic of responses, sure, but at that point of agitation I can't say I'd have handled it any differently.

Comment

I don't think you were in the wrong at all. You can only have so much patience with someone who isn't listening to you, and I have this issue with customers and other call centers alike, all the time.
            "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

I would have handled it, the same way you have. In fact, I did before, also with a bank.
              Under The Moon Paranormal Research
              San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

I can't blame you for going off on them. First, they didn't listen to a word you said; second, it sounds like they were just plain lazy. That probably would have set me off as well. Even if I hadn't lost my temper, I would have switched banks as well. You do not want your money in the hands of incompetents like that.
                Sometimes life is altered.
                Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                Uneasy with confrontation.
                Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Working...
                X