This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I showed great restraint.

Background: I wear my hair short and Friday I got it cut much shorter so I've been faux hawking my hair again. I'm kinda androgynous but obviously female. /end background

Today I had a regular cigarette customer come in and the second he saw my faux hawk he started talking shit.
    Highlights from tonight: Your father must be real upset about that (my hair).
    I'm gonna buy you a wig so I don't have to see that.
    And the lady in line in front of him looked uncomfortable but of course said nothing.

Previous comments include: I bet you just wanna be a man don't ya?
    I hate your hair... It's just ugly.

Tonight before I took my 30 minute break I talked to one of my managers and he said that next time the guy comes in to call the manager. So yay! I don't have to deal with him anymore.
    Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
    Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Whoo! Jackass D< Hopefully he gets met with male pattern baldness for his insults to your hair

Comment

Really? Even fifth graders can do better than that. Geeze, Jackass.
      Faux-hawks imo belong on women. They're cute! :3
      "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
      "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

I think he's jealous. *tee hee*
        "Imagine that. Human souls, trapped like flies in the World Wide Web, stuck forever, crying out for help."-The Doctor
        "Isn't that basically Twitter?"-Clara

Comment

Quoth FiddleFaddle
          Whoo! Jackass D< Hopefully he gets met with male pattern baldness for his insults to your hair
          I believe he may already be bald. Idk. He wears a hat. Everyday.

Quoth teh_blumchenkinder
          Really? Even fifth graders can do better than that. Geeze, Jackass.
          Faux-hawks imo belong on women. They're cute! :3
          I love my faux hawk. It's badass. I still have a little bit of light purple from the last time I dyed my bangs and some of my tips are still bleach blonde (my natural color is a dark blonde).

Quoth BamaBabe
          I think he's jealous. *tee hee*
          *evil smirk*

Oh and for the record: I texted my dad cause I was so pissed off that he brought my dad into this and my dad responded 'You can tell him that your dad is and always has been very proud of you.' Which I already knew but it helped to make me feel better. ^_^

Comment

Yay Dad !!!!

Comment

Quoth Teefies2
              Yay Dad !!!!
              Exactly. I may have issues with my dad (we are *very* much alike and that tends to cause us to butt heads a lot) but he and my mom have been there for me.

Comment

Quoth dragon_wings View Post
                Previous comments include: I bet you just wanna be a man don't ya?

"I bet you do too, don't ya?"
                Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Quoth Marmalady

"I bet you do too, don't ya?"
                  *snickers* That's great.

Comment

Bah - ignore him. One of my phlebotomy instructors has a pixie cut she sometimes spikes up and she's 100% as feminine as they come and looks absolutely adorable in this cut - I cant' picture her in anything else - it just *FITS* you know?

And your Dad rocks!
                    The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

Quoth DeltaSierra
                      Bah - ignore him. One of my phlebotomy instructors has a pixie cut she sometimes spikes up and she's 100% as feminine as they come and looks absolutely adorable in this cut - I cant' picture her in anything else - it just *FITS* you know?

And your Dad rocks!
                      What real pissed me off was that he kept going, getting nastier and nastier.

Yes he does.

Comment

Quoth dragon_wings View Post
                        What real pissed me off was that he kept going, getting nastier and nastier.

Yes he does.
                        Sounds like he was trying to get a rise out of you. Good for you for maintaining your cool.
                        Women can do anything men can.
                        But we don't because lots of it's disgusting.
                        Maxine

Comment

There will always be a handful of people that think that women should only have long, "ladylike" hair and get really worked up when anyone challenges this norm.

Then there are people who like to abuse.

This guy appears to be both, so he's not worth your time. Feux Hawk away!
                          "You are beginning to damage my calm."

Comment

Not that it's really relevant, and not to threadjack, but back when I drove a bus my route included both local high schools. I had a lot of "preppie" kids and a lot of regular kids, but there was one group from one of the schools who always dressed, I guess you'd say punk. Mohawks, hair colors not found in nature, etc.

They were, without exception, the most polite passengers I had.
                            Women can do anything men can.
                            But we don't because lots of it's disgusting.
                            Maxine

Comment

*hug* I may tease my son about his hair (he's 12, and hasn't let us cut it in nearly a year.... we don't know what his face looks like anymore), but I'm of the firm belief that it's HIS hair, and as long as he keeps it clean, I don't care what he does with it. And he knows I just pick on him in affectionate teasing, and that I'm not constantly nagging him to cut it
                              GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Working...
                              X