This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scorpions? WTF???

Okay, so our motel is in the great Pacific Northwest. Where it is cold and wet. Where it is the exact opposite of a desert. Which is why when housekeeping found a living baby scorpion in the room, we were all hit with a serious case of

Now, I am deathly afraid of scorpions. That's half the reason I live here. There are not supposed to be scorpions here. So when my Maintenance Man brought in a baby scorpion in a plastic cup and told me to call pest control, I was obviously freaked out.

Me: Get that thing away from me.
    CW: *hands me cup* It's in a cup, it can't hurt you.
    Me: *pushes cup back* Yeah, well I don't like scorpions.
    CW: You need to call pest control.
    Me: I know, I got it. Get that thing out of here. I...really...don't...like...scorpions
    CW: *tries to hand me cup* You need to tell them what we found.
    Me: OKAY I F***ING GOT IT! IT'S A BABY SCORPION I DON'T NEED IT TO TELL THEM WHAT IT IS!!! SERIOUSLY GET THAT THING THE F*** AWAY FROM ME!

Yeah, I snapped. I don't like scorpions at all. It was all I could do to keep it together the first time they tried to pass it to me.

I could not find the number for our pest control guy (it's a new vendor), so I got bounced around a bit before I got a hold of the right person. Everytime I told them what it was we found, they were all WTF? as well. When I finally found the right lady, she said "Well...I don't know if that's a pest that's covered under our contract...that is definitely a new one." Please, just send someone to make sure there aren't any more of these...things...loose around here!

Obviously, a guest brought it in. If we found one loose in the room, how many more scorpions also could have gotten loose and are now crawling around the motel? Oh God, I'm staying here tonight, and there are possibly loose scorpions. I am not going to sleep. At. All.

EDIT: The guest who was last in the room was from....Alaska! Add that to all the other WTF-ness!

Boss Man actually has a new GF visiting right now from Mexico, who looked at this scorpion and said it's the super-evil-deadly kind! She said someone needs to go in and tape-up all the outlets and teeny-tiny openings, spray it with cockroach-murdering-chemical, and crank the A/C to kill any other scorpions in there. Hell, that someone is not going to be me!
    Last edited by bhskittykatt; 04-15-2011, 07:46 PM.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! I hate those things. and no they shouldn't live up here. Most of the weird creepy things don't like the cold and the wet (or the snow in April)

Have a baseball bat.
    Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

And golf shoes, step on em with those and they'll definitely die.
      ......../\
      ....../__\
      ..../\...../\
      ../__\../__\

Comment

I have lived here in AZ for 5 years and I have still never seen a scorpion. But a friend of mine who lives about 15 minutes away gats them in her apt. all the time.
        "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Unless you're allergic, you're not gonna die from most scorpion stings.They're about the equivalent of a hornet sting. Most of the deadlier varieties live in the Middle East and North Africa, anyway.

Scorpions (and spiders) are way over-hyped.
          "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Quoth Gawdzillers View Post

Scorpions <snip> are way over-hyped.
            Indeed.

"Rock You Like A Hurricane" is the only song of theirs I've ever liked.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Don't step on them on carpet unless you want a permanent stain. My dad and stepmom get them a lot at their house in the Ozarks and have mentioned that fact when I'm visiting, that we are not to squish them on the carpet.
              "Oh, the strawberries don't taste as they used to and the thighs of women have lost their clutch!"

Comment

Scorpions (and spiders) are way over-hyped.
                Then you can have the one that's living in between the inside & outside panes in my hallway window right now. It's the size of a hummingbird. And it lived in there through the winter. That window is not getting opened this year, I don't care if it's 150 degrees in the shade.

I like "Send Me an Angel."
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
                  Me: OKAY I F***ING GOT IT! IT'S A BABY SCORPION I DON'T NEED IT TO TELL THEM WHAT IT IS!!! SERIOUSLY GET THAT THING THE F*** AWAY FROM ME!

Yeah, I snapped. I don't like scorpions at all. It was all I could do to keep it together the first time they tried to pass it to me.
                  If it makes you feel any better if it was a snake I would have quit then and there and been out of the building before they knew what hit them. So on my scale you were quite calm.
                  I'm the 5th horsemen of the apocalypse. Bringer of giggly bouncy doom, they don't talk about me much.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                    Indeed.

IPF.. No One Like You could make a joke like that

Comment

WTF I live in the Pacific Northwest and I have never seen a scorpion......eeeeeeesssshhhhh
                      https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                      Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
                        WTF I live in the Pacific Northwest and I have never seen a scorpion......eeeeeeesssshhhhh
                        Pest Control guy said they have them in SW Washington (prob E Oregon as well then), but they are hibernating this time of year.

We do have direct flights coming into town from Las Vegas, so I'm wondering if the little guy hitched a ride in some luggage that way.

PC guy sprayed some chemicals, and he took the scorpion with him. It was still alive today, but didn't seem to be doing so hot. IDC if that f--ker DIES after the PC guy took him....GOD I HATE SCORPIONS!
                        Last edited by bhskittykatt; 04-16-2011, 05:10 PM.
                        Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Pest Control guy said in the 20 years he's been in the business, he's never seen a scorpion in the state of Washington. He wasn't even sure exactly what to do; he's going to have a friend ID it and give him advice.

He did spray a few chemicals in there. One is called "Tri-Die". I like that one, because I presume it means it kills any scorpions and other nasties 3 times over. Anything that makes a scorpion die 3 separate times is okay by me! (I could be wrong on what that chemical name means, but don't ruin it for me!)

Comment

You can tell how dangerous a scorpion is by looking at the claws. If a scorpion has one claw that's larger than the other, it will use that claw to hold its prey and doesn't need to rely on its toxin. If both claws are small, then... Watch out!

Comment

You also run the risk that the baby scorpions become used to the chemicals, and develop into a race of chemical resistant scorpions hell bent on hiding in tiny nooks and crannys that you have to put your hand into on a dialy basis....

*evil laugh* :P

Comment

Working...
                              X