Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I was scared for my life (scary customer)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was scared for my life (scary customer)

I was working the window on drive thru one day when a guy pulled up with his wife and kids. He was a big man (height and weight-wise) and was very unfriendly through the whole transaction, but I kept smiling and being polite in hope that he would cheer up and return the favor. The cook tossed one bag onto the counter and said "two bags" implying that this order would have a total of 2 bags. I saw 2 bags on the counter and he was the only customer in the drive thru, so I handed out those 2 bags and thought nothing of it. Until, that is, the not-so-nice cook shoved a box meal at me and told me to hand it out. To who? The grump family left over 5 minutes ago. Apparently, it was their's and the second bag belonged to god knows who. Oops. My bad. Luckily I see the guy pull into a parking spot just outside the window. I decided to run it out to him because it was kinda my fault, and I was going to let him keep the extra food as compensation. I felt bad. Really bad. I get halfway to his car when he steps out, bags in hand and meets me halfway. I'm 5'4' and weigh 130 lbs. This guy was about 6'5" and looked about 285 lbs. I was a tad nervous because of his angry aura but I put on my best smile, sincerely apologised multipe times, gave him his box meal and told him he could keep the extra food. I never got a chance to finish. He stuck his stomach out and body slammed me so hard I almost fell over. I was shocked and, at this point, frightened, but I just tried to hand him the box again. He used his bulk to push and "herd" me to the door.

Scary Customer: Move!! You're coming inside with me!
    Me: Ok...please don...don't...p...push...me
    SC: I wouldn't have to if you moved faster!

We got inside (I opened the door) and he pushed past me to the counter, ranting all the way.

SC: You got any idea how cramped it is in that damn car?! I can't look through to make sure I have the shit I payed for and I shouldn't have to! This is F@#%ing rediculous!!

I went behind the counter and met him there. He simply tossed his bags on the counter, stared me down and grunted, "look through them. I shouldn't have to make sure I have my own shit so do it for me". With shaking hands, I found his reciept and checked all 3 bags. Everything was there, he just got the wrong bag.

Me: These 2 bags are yours sir. I handed you this one by mistake. I'm so very sorry about that. If you like, I can
    SC: I can't believe this shit!

At this point, an older coworker of mine (lets call her Barbie) comes over to help me.

Barbie: What seems to be the problem sir?
    SC: She screwed up my order!! And she never asked what kind of taco sauce I wanted!!
    Barbie: Well I'm sorry your order got messed up, but we aren't allowed to ask what sauce you want. You have to ask us.
    SC: Well that's bad customer service!!!
    Barbie: I'm sorry you feel that way.
    SC: I can't believe she messed up my order!!!
    Barbie: Did she fix it?
    SC: Yes but...
    Barbie: Then what's the problem?
    SC: It was screwed up to begin with!
    Barbie: And now it's fixed. So why are you still here?
    SC: *leaves red faced still ranting*

Barbie told me to go on break. I was still shaking...
    Answers: $1
    Correct Answers: $2
    Answers that require thought: $5
    Dumb looks are still free.

Wow..I am just glad you are ok. Not sure what else to say in this case..
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
      Wow..I am just glad you are ok. Not sure what else to say in this case..
      I just couldn't believe he looked at me and thought it was a good idea to start pushin on me

Comment

Barbie's freaking awesome! Some people just like to hold grudges even after their order's been completely fixed
        To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
          Barbie's freaking awesome! Some people just like to hold grudges even after their order's been completely fixed
          Barbie is actually my bosses mother She was subbing for a sick coworker of mine

Comment

To me, what he did to you counts as assault. What made him think he had the right to push you around like that? Jerk.
            Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

I hope his ass was banned from the store.
              To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

I'd have called the police. I can't help it. I love Judge Judy, and according to her, any unwanted, hostile touching counts as an assault.
                Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

That wasn't just assault. By forcing you to go back inside with him, he could be facing kidnapping and false imprisonment charges as well. You CANNOT legally force someone to go ANYWHERE unless you are a law enforcement officer or a security officer detaining someone for committing a crime on private property (or expelling someone from private property). It legally doesn't matter how short a time frame it was.

Comment

Yup, drop the dime on his bloated ass, he has N RIGHT to touch you, never mind almost knock you over.
                    See if he laughs the other side of his face when the polezi come a'knocking.

Comment

Agreed, he needs to be turned into the authorities ASAP if you have info on him! It makes me wonder--what would he have done if you actually HAD fallen down the first time he pushed you? Scary, and he had no reason to be that way!
                      "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

I hate, loathe, utterly despise bullies.

Feel like a big shot now, big man, now that you've body-slammed that lady less than half your size?! Car not big enough for you? I've got your new ride right here:
                        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                        My LiveJournal
                        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

That guy was a complete asshole. "It's too cramped in the car to look through my stuff" - Oh gimme a break, that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard! He should definitely be reported to the cops AND banned from the store. What the hell makes someone think it's OK to literally shove someone around because of a messed-up fast food order?
                          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Yeah, I'm assuming there are security cameras out there. That was a pretty cut and dried case of assault.

Comment

I think I'd call that "time to call the police". You never EVER touch someone without being invited, much less what he did to you. What he did is called assault.

Comment

Working...
                              X