This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My dog wont stop licking my couch...

Yes, I know that sounds perverted... Title is pretty self explanatory. I cant get the dog to STOP licking the couch so every AM i come home to a BIG wet spot in a random area. IDK what shes licking. Im sure some of it is random things my have dropped or sweat or something but...wtf.

This is a rather recent habit, as in starting within the last few months. Idea? How o I get her to stop short of soaking the couch in hot sauce or something?

Product called "Bitter Apple". Spray on stuff, no odor. Just really, really bitter.

Comment

Bitter apple would help. Also you could try washing your couch with something like this in case she's licking up a spill or something.
      What if Humans are just Dire Halflings?

Comment

If bitter apple doesn't work, there's also a product called Bitter Lime that's apparently worse. You can only get it online, though.
        I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Not exactly as bad, but my boyfriend's dog is this somewhat annoying Jack Russell X Chihaua thing. (I seriously cannot spell the damn dog breed >_<)

It has this habit of going up to people and pulling the socks off of their feet. And my boyfriend encourages this.
          The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I have no advice, but I totally read the title as the dog won't stop licking your cooch and all I could think was
            "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
            "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
            Amayis is my wifey

Comment

I'm so glad it wasn't just me reading things wrong
              Arp happens!

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.

Comment

eisa... you're not the only one who read it like that

Comment

Our dog used to lick one side of our loveseat all the time. I think she liked it, because it was pleather. I'm not sure why that was so appealing to her but it was.

I used the Bitter Apple spray when I had two puppies, and they actually liked the taste of it. Wish I would've known about the Bitter Lime spray.

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
                    (I seriously cannot spell the damn dog breed >_<)
                    Chihuahua (pronounced chee-HOO-ah-HOO-ah )

It has this habit of going up to people and pulling the socks off of their feet. And my boyfriend encourages this.
                    OK, that would be cute...once. Maybe twice.
                    Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 07-05-2011, 11:28 PM.
                    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

.. another vote for bitter apple / lime.
                      Quote Dalesys:
                      ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Thanks all! Ill have to search for the bitter lime. The dog LOVES the taste of bitter apple....yeah, shes weird.

Comment

Quoth Eisa View Post
                          I have no advice, but I totally read the title as the dog won't stop licking your cooch and all I could think was

Yeah, i read it as that too and im the one who freaking typed it!

Comment

Quoth Cazzi View Post
                            I'm so glad it wasn't just me reading things wrong
                            *raises hand*

Also guilty.
                            "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
                              Thanks all! Ill have to search for the bitter lime.
                              I think you have to order it online. And be careful with that stuff once you get it. My friend that told me about it got it on her hands while spraying it and then accidentally touched her face. The taste got in her mouth and she describes it as most foul and difficult to get rid of. So nick some gloves from work and wash your hands well after using.
                              I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Working...
                              X