This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ruining the Product for Others

My roommate decided to crack-open a bottle of his favorite soft drink that he purchased in a 6-pack as a treat during his diet....Only to discover that someone at the store had tampered with them by c a r e f u l l y cracked the seal on every one of the bottles, thus letting the soda go flat. I told him he could probably get it replaced, but he says he doesn't think they'd believe him. I still said he should at least let them know that their products were being messed with so they could watch for any more complaints; not to mention the fact that it's a health issue - who knows what else they might be doing?
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

They probably messed with other bottles too.

Comment

Most stores would believe a contamination complaint I believe. Our store even has a particular policy for it
      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I'd believe him and refund it.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

especially if they go back and find that the other product was also tampered with.

and if they have a security camera they might even have footage - somewhere - of it happening

Comment

I'd take it back. I'm sure they'll at least exchange it for another one. I can't imagine any store not doing that nowadays.

Comment

I'd take it back too. I just took back some diced ham where the tear away strip was cut exposing the snap seal. The manager said it was vacuum sealed but he could see why I'd want to exchange. I told him I don't care about a vacuum seal when the strip is cut. Someone could still slightly crack open the seal and put something in there. My health is more important than technical features. Those things say "if the seal is broken, do not use" for a reason.
              Last edited by Willis; 07-09-2011, 02:28 AM.

Comment

If the product is tampered with or just plain defective/spoiled I'd take it back and let them know what is going on. It does happen sometimes. Sometimes something may look fresh and sealed, but when you actually open it up you notice that the seal was broken and the thing is expired/rotten from the pierced packaging. It happens. No biggie.

I do this right away if I see a problem, and I am a regular there so they definitely do know me. Its not an issue, I just get it swapped out right on the spot.

Comment

I had to do this yesterday - I bought a 1-liter Mountain Dew bottle, took it to work, and was about to open it when I noticed these things floating in it...I looked at the date on the bottle, and it was May 9, 2011. The contents at the bottom of the bottle were yellow and black.

Went back to the store and exchanged it, no problem - they even went back with me to check on all of the other bottles.

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
                    someone at the store had tampered with them by c a r e f u l l y cracked the seal on every one of the bottles, thus letting the soda go flat.
                    Whoever did that is an asshole, nobody likes drinking flat soda. Although there was this one time where I did it unintentionally, it was store brand cream soda and it actually tasted better that way.
                    ......../\
                    ....../__\
                    ..../\...../\
                    ../__\../__\

Comment

Quoth Sarah Valentine

Whoever did that is an asshole, nobody likes drinking flat soda. Although there was this one time where I did it unintentionally, it was store brand cream soda and it actually tasted better that way.
                      My sister likes her soda kinda flat, the less fizz the better. But tampering with soda at the store is just uncool.
                      Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                      Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

It might have also come from the manufacturer that way. I remember once when I worked at a convenience store and I was stocking the cooler. I noticed what looked like a lot of sediment on the bottom of a bottle of Nantucket Nectars, so I shook the bottle. It was filled with dead fruit flies! I had just opened the case! We found three more like that in the case (well one in another case).

The manufacturer kept saying we did something in the store, until they got complaints from other stores.

Comment

Could also happen where the fizz goes out temporarily at the bottling plant, meaning everything is still sealed right from the bottling plant, but the fault was when they were filling the bottles from the very start.

It happens.

Just let the store know and it'll get taken care of.

Comment

Quoth Hyndis View Post
                            Could also happen where the fizz goes out temporarily at the bottling plant, meaning everything is still sealed right from the bottling plant, but the fault was when they were filling the bottles from the very start.

It happens.

Just let the store know and it'll get taken care of.
                            Sounds like what happened to me yesterday. I tried to fix a "bullseye" in my windshield using a Permatex kit (bought it a few months ago - no longer have the receipt). When I got to the part about injecting the adhesive, nothing came out of the tube. I slit the side of the tube to see if the adhesive had hardened inside (due to age), but it was PRISTINE inside - somehow, the factory failed to put any adhesive in the tube. I'll see if I can get an exchange.
                            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
                            X