This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And I didn't get in trouble

A little BG..I work at Johnny Jims, it's a sandwich shop that delivers. On this night I wasnt feeling very good , I had gotten stiffed 4 times and I had to work with the manager who thinks We should be working at all times (eventhough the drivers get less than min wage) and everything that could've be done was done. i do like the "We dont take any shit from customers" policy We have

A guy calls up. Here is how that convetsation went:

Me: Johnny Jims
    SC: Yeah, I want 4 Club Lulus
    No address popped up on the caller ID
    Me: Ok, I will need your address first
    The whole time this guy is giggling madly. He is drunk, stoned or both
    SC: 700 Sterling
    Me: And where is that?
    SC: Sterling Crimson apartments, off 15th Street
    Me: Ok that is going to be our Campus store
    SC: Can't ya'll bring it?
    Me: No, We don't go there
    SC: Ok transfer me to that store
    We have just plain phones, no hold buttons or anything
    Me: I don't have the ability to do that, I can give you their number
    SC: You can't just transfer me?
    Me: No, I can't
    SC: Ok give me the number
    I had to repeat the number 4 times real slow before he got it
    SC: You are no help
    Me: And you are an asshole
    And I hung up.

I really like that policy.. I did not get in trouble.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/?m=20080203

My destiny is not pretty, but it's what my cutie mark is telling me.

oh i wish i could say that sometimes!...wait, i do...under my breath, as they leave LOL

Comment

To the OP: You sir, are my hero.

Comment

OP, that was awesome
        'Luck, you are Awesome and Full of Win' ~ Jay 2K Winger

'Lets be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed' ~ Mark Twain

Comment

I could deal with the 'work at all times' a little bit more if the manager allows a No Bullshit policy like that.
          Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

That was great! Can just picture the guy's face: Did he just call me an asshole???
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
              That was great! Can just picture the guy's face: Did he just call me an asshole???
              ...And how did he know?

(we all know that the worst of the assholes don't think that THEY'RE the asshole...)
              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I wouldn't mind the work all the time thing if I was getting full minimum wage and he didn't want something that was already cleaned and is still perfectly clean to be cleaned yet again.. Plus I got spoiled with the old manager who allowed us to goof off once everything was done.

Oh, BTW I'm female.
                http://www.customerssuck.com/?m=20080203

My destiny is not pretty, but it's what my cutie mark is telling me.

Comment

I soooooooooooo wish our company had a no bullshit from customers rule. I know the difference between someone who is upset because of a legitimate problem (or multiple problems) and someone who is just being a douche. Why do we have to enable the douches?? Very sad state of affairs...
                  "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

More than once at my job I have been lucky I choose not to wear a name badge. It's not really optional but managers stay off my case cuz I'm the only one who has decent sales numbers and they know I've already got one foot out the door. And I have a strict zero bullshit tolerance for pissy people. I will tolerate some bitching by someone with a legitimate complaint but once ive promised and delivered a solution they have lost any right to bitch at me. And if someone else caused it, the zero BS rule kicks in immediately after I've told them ill help fix it.

Comment

Working...
                    X