X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• twist on nigerian scam...

this time from Malaysia....

Attention: My name is Mahayo D BIN Omar, registered and practicing attorney in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia. I was an attorney to an AMERICAN deceased client of mine who died in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia of a heart related condition in 2001. My reason of sending you this email is to help secure the funds left behind by my client before it is confiscated or declared unserviceable by the bank where this fund valued at $5.3million dollars was deposited, Since you do have the same name with my late client, I would want to present you as the legitimate beneficiary with all legal documents required backing the claim up. The holding bank has issued me a notice to contact the next of kin, or the account will be confiscated, and so far, all my efforts to get hold of someone related to this man have proved abortive. This is my proposal, I am asking for your consent to present you to the bank as the next-of-kin and beneficiary of my late client, since you have the same name, so that the proceeds of this account can be paid to you. Then we can share the amount on a mutually agreed-upon percentage. I do have a good standing in Malaysia, it is my assurance that this transaction will be successful and that I will make sure that the transaction is done within the applicable laws to guarantee full legitimacy all legal documents to back up your claim as my client's next-of-kin will be provided by me. All I require is your honest cooperation to enable us see this transaction through. This will be executed under a legitimate arrangement that will protect you from any breach of the law. However, if this business proposition offends your moral values, do accept my apology. Please contact me at once to indicate your interest. Do understand that this transaction does require utmost confidence and you should keep this mail to yourself not withstanding if you are rejecting the transaction or accepting it. Note that I reserve the right to reject your acceptance of this proposal if I have reasons to believe that you may not be honest or discreet as it concerns this proposal. Further details will be giving as soon as your interest is indicated Yours Sincerely, Mahayo D Bin Omar.(Attorney at Law),Esq
    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

These scammers just don't quit do they? I got one that just looking at the first line knew it was bogus, since it said they were sending it to me because I'm such a moral Christian. All my family and friends know I'm Agnostic and would never claim to be a moral Christian.

I had another one that claimed to be sent by the head of the FBI. I doubt the head of the FBI uses yahoo to send official emails.
    Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

I had one that I almost fell for. Said it was from my friend "Sarah" who was on her gap year in Africa backpacking. Now when I got it, I had a friend called Sarah travelling in Africa. A facebook message later and she was fine. But that one almost seemed genuine, was written in good English. The email address wasn't hers but it was similar which made me think she'd changed it. Was glad I messaged her!
      My Crafting Profile http://www.craftster.org/forum/index...ofile;u=139859

Comment

I get a Nigerian scam in my work email at least once a day.

Lately, I've been getting ones purporting to be from the IRS and the Treasury Dept.
        They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Working...
        X