Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Right on my last nerve! (Rant, kinda gross)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Right on my last nerve! (Rant, kinda gross)

It usually takes a lot to get me steaming mad, but there is at least ONE thing that will get me from to in no time flat.

Let's set the scene.

I come in tonight, and find a rowdy group a footballers in the breakfast seating area, drinking and having a good ole time. Apparently, it was a much larger group, but started to break up just before I came in.

Anyway, the last stragglers leave at about 1:45 am, and I don't get a chance to get over their to clean it up right away.

When I did get over there, I am a little annoyed. I was expecting to wipe down a few tables. Not to have to throw out the beer bottles and tortilla chips. There was a cup of something that looked like coffee, and two with beer and/or water in them.

So I start cleaning up (ew.. an olive) and it wasn't until I picked up the "coffee" that I realized it wasn't. There were brown chunks floating in a clear fluid. Then, I noticed the Skoal can.

Yep, 0 to 100 in 0.02 seconds.

Not many people skip right to the end, but

SC
    "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

ugh, nasty.People are such slobs.
    "There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't."

Comment

Oh, so gross!
      http://www.customerssuck.com/?m=20080203

My destiny is not pretty, but it's what my cutie mark is telling me.

Comment

Yuck. Out of all the nasty things people can leave behind, a spit cup is one of the worst.
        "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Yuck, that is one of the most disgusting things to look at!

Comment

Well, on the bright side, it didn't end up on the floor...
            Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

I use chewing tobacco but I would never leave my cup or empty can behind me when I leave. That is seriously disgusting.
              A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.
              Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

this set off my gag reflex. revolting.
                verily, i doth be a buckete.

Comment

Ugh. I've worked in retail for a really long time and I know exactly how disgusting humans can be. Why am I still driven to anger when this sort of thing happens?

Comment

Quoth retailninja View Post
                    Why am I still driven to anger when this sort of thing happens?
                    Possibly because, while we get "used to it" after awhile, our brains still know that the SC's know better and that this sort of thing is unacceptable.
                    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I've discovered my share of those. I remember one SC in particular thought it'd be cute to leave the cup sitting in the part of the cart where a kid sits. The cart pushers don't have time to pick all the trash out of carts before they make a row and push it back to the store, so . . . smoosh. Ah, the things we find while people greeting. That was right on the gross scale with the dirty diapers also left in carts.
                      The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

Working...
                      X