This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those interested in work at home opportunities--

Since my comment on Eireann's thread got so much interest, here is a few legitimate work from home positions I have found, if you are interested.

Work from Home Customer Service:
    https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit2/?id=512869&t=1

http://www.alpineaccess.com/en/

Work from Home Transcription:

http://www.3playmedia.com/company/jo...script-editor/

http://www.worldwideworkathome.com/transcription.html
    I also trust this site, which has a long list of companies that may hire for work at home transcription jobs. As always, however, be cautious. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is, and you should not have to pay ANY legitimate company for training, job placement, or to get work. However, some legitimate companies DO expect you to invest in software and hardware to do your job and will not pay you for the equipment (since most of these are independent contractor positions, not direct hire.) Be aware of this.

I am willing to answer questions about the work itself and anything else I can, however, be aware that I have not worked with all the companies listed and cannot necessarily give more information than is listed on the website.

Thank you, I've been contemplating some of this since websites haven't paid off that well and I could use some extra cash.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

second link says cannot be found third link my virus warning pops up on it

Comment

That's....odd. I have no problem finding the second link, and as for the third, that's the company I WORK for. I can assure you they don't have a virus on their website, I'm on there all the time.

Comment

http://www.3playmedia.com/company/jo...script-editor/

Try that link Midnight, Avast didn't go off on the 3rd link.. maybe false positive.

Comment

WOT did that for the fourth link for me, but if you look at the score card, almost every person is like "why is this flagged as bad...?"
            "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
            "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
            Amayis is my wifey

Comment

I may need to look into this as well since I have a hard time finding jobs I know I can do and succeeding at interviews. That, and a lot of the other job sites I've been to that would allow working from home didn't pay shit. I need money, but not so badly that I'll write 300 50-cent articles; my writing may be mediocre, but it doesn't outright suck. Nor will I do Google research for six hours a night to earn $40 a month.

Comment

I apologize and did not mean to offend. I'm not saying that there is a virus on your page Barracuda, only that the program i use was saying that, probably is a false positive.

Comment

are these jobs available to people outside the USA? specifically Canada?

Comment

Thank you so much. I'm going to spend some time on those sites. I need badly OUT of employment by someone else. I'm so sick of it.

How did you find them?

Comment

I saw an ad on Craigslist for 3Play, where I currently work. This intrigued me, so I tried a Google search with Work at Home Transcriptionist. I searched a few sites and found some that were legitimate. As far as Canada goes, I believe some of the sites on Worldwideworkathome would be in Canada. I also think that Alpine may hire Canadian employees, however, I am not sure. You would need to check the site.

Comment

You work for 3play Barracuda?

Comment

Quoth Moirae View Post
                          You work for 3play Barracuda?
                          Barracuda, plead the 505th Amendment!

... I refuse to answer on the grounds I may get fried fired...
                          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Yes, I am currently an independent contractor with 3Play.

Comment

How is the work? Do you make much from them? I've been seeing places on the net talking about how work is sporadic, but honestly there aren't that many people that talk about it.

Comment

Working...
                              X