X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sucky worker in Laughlin?

I hope I wasn't an SC..

I always write my posts too long, so I'll give a reader's digest version. G/f and I were in Laughlin the past couple of days (a small version of Las Vegas on the river for those who aren't familiar). We go to the buffet the first night we are there and they get slammed right before we got their with a groups of tourists (assuming China). With a late rush and language issues, I can understand that the waitresses (who's primary job is bring and refresh drinks) are frustrated. We didn't see our waitress much, but given the circumstances, it was all good. We tipped her accordingly.

Second night, we go back to the same place. We get the same waitress but the place is a ghost town. We see her even less this time. One time she came voluntarily, the second time I had to flag her down. Of course, I didn't give much of a tip.

I didn't complain or anything, but I always hate that feeling that I've been bad to somebody.

Don't worry about it.
    She gave you bad service, she doesn't deserve a good <if any> tip.
    I was at a restaurant just yesterday and didn't leave much of a tip.
    The guy never refilled my drink until I was done eating. Part of my meal was missing <garlic bread, no big deal but...>. He said he'd bring it out and never did.
    I also work for tips so if I give crappy service I don't really expect much of a tip.

Comment

Quoth ReadyToRetire
      Don't worry about it.
      She gave you bad service, she doesn't deserve a good <if any> tip.
      I was at a restaurant just yesterday and didn't leave much of a tip.
      The guy never refilled my drink until I was done eating. Part of my meal was missing <garlic bread, no big deal but...>. He said he'd bring it out and never did.
      I also work for tips so if I give crappy service I don't really expect much of a tip.
      How can I say this without being crappy.. it bugs the heck out of me when I get bad service from the wait staff at buffets (I don't eat at them often). Their job is literally to bring folks their drinks. I know some of them have to bus as well, but this lady didn't have to.

I assume that they get less tips than other wait staff (at a normal, sit down place) but they also don't do the same job.

Comment

Yup, the tip is based on service as well as food order. You did the right thing. I waited table for 2 yrs & it's a tough job, but you gotta at least OCCASIONALLY check on your customers. That's a given.
        The universe is mostly empty space, and so is your job. ~Dilbert

Comment

Quoth Phone Jockey
          Yup, the tip is based on service as well as food order. You did the right thing. I waited table for 2 yrs & it's a tough job, but you gotta at least OCCASIONALLY check on your customers. That's a given.
          I forgot to add this to the story. So the next morning, we went back to the buffet (I'm sick of them for the time being!) and were seated in the same spot that we were the previous evening. Our waitress wasn't around, so we decided to go and get our food. On the way to the buffet, the waitress saw us and flagged us down to get our drink order.

I thought it was super cool that she did that. She made sure we had everything that we needed and we made sure that she got a good tip.

Comment

Working...
          X