This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gee,it'd be nice if you TOLD US!!!!

We're supposed to play at the Moose Lodge tomorrow nite.

Good thing I called my brother,asked him what he was doin' tomorrow afternoon,he says "I'm cooking for the gathering tomorrow,the one y'all are playin' for"

Me:

"They never called us!"

"They're certainly expecting you" my brother tells me "Supposed to be over 100 people,that's why they wanted you guys"

So I call the Governor (that's what they call the head guy in a Moose Lodge) & leave a message to the effect of "CALL ME NOW!!!!",then I called the guys & told 'em we had to play. Then I had to call the friend I was gonna play percussion for tomorrow afternoon & tell him I couldn't make it (no big deal really,I just back him up for fun mostly,gives me a chance to get out from behind the drums),he said he'd come see us tomorrow & maybe sit in with us.

I think what might've happened is that he told me once that they wanted to rotate us with the other band,that's fine but he didn't say when.We last played there 2 weeks ago & if they want us every 2 weeks we're OK with that,but dammit tell me!
    "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Wow.

I wonder how that one managed to fall through the cracks.

It's kind of important to make sure that the entertainment you're advertising as attending actually knows they're expected to attend.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
      Wow.

I wonder how that one managed to fall through the cracks.

^-.-^
      You have no idea how often that happens

The Gov' called & admitted it was his bad for not callin' me 4-5 days before to confirm,but he'd written it down!
      I gently reminded him that the end of the night,we're movin' stuff, everybody's had a drink, things are chaotic, that's no time to tell me "Y'all come play on the 14th" as I'm walkin' by with 100 lbs of drum stands.

All's well,we'll have a good time,as will they & again we'll probably make almost as much in tips as we get paid
      "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

No wonder you're Frantic, Freddie!! Glad it's all going to work out well
        "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Working...
        X