This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Time Mother

I could tell this woman was a first time mother, since she was WAY too overprotective of her infant.

(This SC wasn't super sucky, but she still overreacted, in my opinion.)

I work in a particular retail store which happens to be owned by a rodent. In this store, we have a huge Cinderella Castle play set for sale. This set includes little figurines and other small trinkets, so it's unsafe for children under 3 (since they so love to eat anything in sight, no matter how small and/or plastic they may be).

I had a couple come up to me with their very young infant in a huge, expensive stroller. They were very talkative and positive, smiling at me and telling me all about their baby. They then asked me about the castle play set, and I hesitantly answered their questions, but told them it wasn't the best choice for a young child. The parents were unaffected by my offers of other more appropriate toys (i.e. baby bath toys - things they can chew on and it won't matter) and were gushing about how they wanted to get the play set for their daughter's first Christmas (!).

I left them at that point to help other guests.

Later, the store was extremely busy and I was running around trying to help guests at the registers. I ended up having to move from one side of the store to the other, so I was moving quickly (not flat out running) through the crowd. I happened to go by the same woman from earlier, and I passed her stroller-bound infant in the process. I saw her throw me a glare, but I wasn't paying that much attention to her.

The rest of the time she was in the store, this SC gave me the stink eye and refused to speak to me. Her husband still did, but he had lost all enthusiasm. I remained polite, but tried to stay away from them until they left.

Seriously folks, I can understand you being protective of your child, but:

1. I was nowhere near hitting your stroller. I got by it just fine, and your child survived the small gust of wind my passing caused.
    2. YOU, dear parents, were the ones seriously considering buying a play set filled with choke-ably delicious items for your infant's first Christmas.

My only consolation is that I don't think they ever bought the play set. (Thankfully!)

Some other baby dude fed our precious those little plastic pieces!
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

and ... if they were dumb enough to buy it and their baby suffered... you know they'd probably come after you to sue...

Comment

I hate the massive strollers (we have one ourselves - wasn't my pick! Blame the Aunt!) but jeez lady, some of those things are friggen SUVs of the stroller world, now if it had been a dinky little umbrella stroller... especially in that particularly claustrophobia provoking sort of store...

Still, ugh, she sounds like the sort that would gush about how smart and advanced and amazing her pwecious is for playing with such a big kids toy to pretty much anyone who has ears. And than turn around and proclaim you and the mouse to be devil spawn the first time snookums ate the fairy godmother. Poor kid, crawl away while you can!!!
        Okay everyone, lets all point and laugh at him right about....

Now.

Comment

Oh lovely. A mere show-off baby. I hate parents like that.
          Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth Micer View Post
            I hate the massive strollers (we have one ourselves - wasn't my pick! Blame the Aunt!) but jeez lady, some of those things are friggen SUVs of the stroller world, now if it had been a dinky little umbrella stroller... especially in that particularly claustrophobia provoking sort of store...
            Like the one I saw in Hot Topic the other day. Between that and some other people that wouldn't move the hell out of the way, I got trapped in there for a bit.
            It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Heh, I have an SUV stroller but only because it's the nicest stroller ever. When it's time to go out with my one year old it's a fight between me, my fiance, and my mom over who gets to push the stroller, lol.

Who would consider buying a castle playset for a new baby?! @_@ I think someone's parents missed the newborn care classes the hospital offered >_> It scares me to think of these parents. I just hope they don't think little baby is old enough to eat grapes, honey, and nuts as well...

Comment

Working...
              X