This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't read a sign AND impatient!

For a tourist trap town(That stinks, BTW - Pretty much our ENTIRE pull is the beach and jets from the Master Jet Base), I actually run into comparably FEW SC's. That's why I don't get many posts, and all the suck I get is general suck of multiple people repeating the same crap over and over and over and over and over and... Yeah.

But tonight, we had a sighting!

We felt lazy tonight, so Mother and I went to Golden Corral. Not somewhere we usually go on a Sunday, but we were hungry, we were feeling lazy, and we actually had the money for it.

Man did we wish we had another $10 for our server's tip.

We'd already been there a while when a rather large family(About 7-8 people) came in. Where we were sitting, the section next to us was closed, I guess for a party or function or something. Never found out. But they had a sign up that said "This section closed." Not that the family noticed. They tried sitting in the closed area.

The server told them, no, that part was closed, but if they gave her a moment(She had some drinks to fill first), she'd have a second table cleaned off and two pushed together for them.

They couldn't seem to wait 5 minutes. Not satisfied with a table in the back of the section by the window, they went to a couple tables behind us(Or at least, behind me) - One was clean, the other still had the dishes and TIP from the previous diners. One of the women in the group didn't want to sit down until the table was clean. I think she had the most level head there The guys in the group proceeded to push the tables together and set their trays down ANYWAY

The server was NOT happy, but didn't initially say anything as she began cleaning the table up, but the group wasn't happy, EITHER.

I missed what all was said, but a manager was suddenly there, and the server told her(manager) point-blank that the people were RUDE. We had to agree!

I hope she could read the sharpie note I wrote on a napkin for her expressing my condolences and inviting her here. I think I'm gonna see about getting business cards now...
    Look, a signature!

If every cashier in the world went on strike, retail would come to a screeching halt, even if for a couple hours.

That was awful. Waitresses have enough to deal with without the "I want my way" crowd!
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

I have to admit that I was waiting for you to say that you saw one of the group pocket the tip money. Wouldn't have surprised me, honestly.

Comment

Quoth Moosenogger View Post
        I have to admit that I was waiting for you to say that you saw one of the group pocket the tip money. Wouldn't have surprised me, honestly.
        ^This too, honestly. I was expecting it.

Comment

Oh, we were watching them and ready to say something if they did.
          Look, a signature!

If every cashier in the world went on strike, retail would come to a screeching halt, even if for a couple hours.

Comment

Working...
          X