This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drive or Get Off The Road!

Or, put the fucking phone down part number...I lost fucking count. Anyway...I needed new shoes for work, so off to the bigger city south of here I went this afternoon. Things were fine, except for a seemingly broken stoplight, until I started back home. I got onto the highway--two lanes, with the occasional lane for slower vehicles on the right, and turning lanes--and what do I end up behind? A fucking slowpoke. There was traffic coming from the other direction, so I just settled in behind the guy, and watched and waited. The guy swerved a few times, and I wondered what was going on, until I looked a bit closer, and saw the hand to the ear. Yup...On the phone. Wonderful. Now, I was being patient, just HOPING the idiot would pull to the slower traffic lane to the right so I could go by. The guy in the penis extender pick-up behind me was not so patient. He passed me on the right, toward the end of the right hand lane. It didn't work out so well--he ended up having to pull in between me and Slowpoke McCellphonetalker until he could pass them as well. Me? I was patient enough to wait until the highway opened up to four lanes undivided in the two I work in, and go around Slowpoke then. Seriously, though, folks, hang up the phone and drive, or if you MUST talk on the phone while driving, set your cruise control so you aren't going 45 in a fucking 60! (Note: I have, on occasion, talked on the phone while driving. When I do. I set my cruise, and I keep my hands on the wheel.)
    "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

A few weeks ago, I got behind one after leaving my bf's place one morning and on my way home to sleep before work.

Gah, some dumb cow in one of those more SUV like Jeeps, you could see in her mirror, just a laughing and talking away..........as she merged onto the freeway at a mere 40 mph.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

On the freeway? Oh hell no! Bad enough on a two-way highway! Wow!
      "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

I got around her fairly easily, and she never really did get up to speed. She disappeared from my rear view within moments of passing her.

I can't believe the nerve of some people.

But, karma works in mysterious little ways, sometimes. The other day coming home from my Saturday outings, I was behind an idiot in a green sedan who was chattering on their phone amidst the freezing piddle that was coming down, and they hopped the curb because they miscalculated their turn.
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Working...
        X