This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The best waitress ever.

This isn't a story about myself, as a matter of fact I was the customer in this story.

Before I start let me preface this with a fact about myself. I'm not the kind of person that remembers people who serve me unless they give me a reason to with some kind of exceptional service, whether it be exceptionally bad or exceptinally good. It's not an intentional thing it's just the way I am.

Last night I went out with my fiancee to a small diner thats in our area that I've only been to twice before. The last time i was there I remember getting into a conversation with my fiancee about things that I prefer when I go out to eat but I wouldn't ever comment about to the person who serves me, just because it's not that important to me simply because I wouldn't want to make someone work harder just because of my prefrences.

After we had finished our meal I asked to speak to her manager before we took care of the check. I caught a glimpse of an expression that I knew to be 'What did I do wrong?' I know because I've had that expression on my face many times myself. A few moments later her manager showed up and asked if there was anything wrong. I told him that there wasn't.

"I just wanted to compliment my waitress tonight. She gave me the best service I've ever had in a restuarant. She did some things for me that I greatly prefer when I eat out that I've noticed aren't generally done in this particular diner that I've only mentioned in passing to my fiancee when we last ate here. Among a myriad of small things she did there are four that really stand out.

When we walked in the restaurant she rolled up the silverwear in the napkins, she brought my drink out without ice which is something I would never ask for but is something I prefer, she also brought my refill out in a new glass also without ice and took away my old glass, and before she brought my check she cleared away the table. She also noticed that I had a hair in my soup, which turned out to be my own by the way, and pointed it out to me when she had both hands full of tray.

If the rest of your waitstaff gives half amount of service she gave me tonight then I would come here for the service alone."

She recieved a very generous tip from me that evening and as my fiancee and I got into my car I took pleasure in the very surpirsed look on her face as she opened the twenty dollar check to find a fifty dollar bill wrapped snugly inside.

If you ever come through west Texas look for a little diner just off the road right outside of town.

Do you suppose she's on here writing about you being the best tipper ever?

Comment

Working...
    X