This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Year's Eve Treats

Anybody making anything special and tasty for tonight?

We're doing mini pizza slices using crescent roll dough. You just lay them out flat on your cookie sheet and top with whatever you want, and bake for a few minutes.

We also have shrimp dip and rice chips. Plus a bottle of cranberry wine. Sort of eclectic (or weird....whichever you prefer... )
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Thinking of doing some snackish type stuff, maybe giving roasted chickpeas a go.
    You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Just pizza. We actually won a pizza party at work earlier for having x-number of sold-out nights over the summer. Came to realize the end of the year was coming up, and we needed to spend that money Corporate gave us!

So...$75 on pizza for less than a dozen people. From a cheap (but still pretty good) pizza place. Yes, Boss Man spent ALL that was allocated to us!

So...much...pizza...
      Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
        So...much...pizza...
        Cold pizza for breakfast
        Warm coke to wash it down
        Maybe a couple of limp onion rings
        To keep this meal well-rounded

I want cold pizza for breakfast
        In a pinch, cold spaghetti will do
        There's nothing in the world that I like better
        Than eating cold pizza with you
        -- Christine Lavin (the evil woman who has forced me to buy nearly 400 CDs!)
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

We got food from this Indian restaurant in town. Their chicken korma is good, but their naan was a bit disappointing.

Also, not sure if this counts as it's more of a tradition than anything, but my parents and I had a bowl of 12 grapes each. Tomorrow, we're having eggs benedict for breakfast and possibly making cookies.
          "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

We had plenty of snacks and stuff at the masquerade party I just came back from. Crackers, chips, salsa, guacamole, hummus, cookies, meatballs, etc. My friend asked me to make my famous dessert as well.

Trifle

I made it for an event a few years ago and have made it for plenty events since. Whoever came up with the recipe is genius. It's delicious.

Comment

An ex-coworker and his wife were at The Bar Friday as I was getting off work. He asked if I was going out or staying home. I looked at him and said, "Really? Me? What do YOU think?" And he said, and I think he was serious, that he could picture me staying home and cooking chili. And...eating it. Alone. Wow, that sounds depressing, don't you think? So I walked up to him and said, "Hi. I'm Jester. I don't think we've met."

Not go out? ME? If I'm not mistaken, the last NYE I didn't go out on was 1986!

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
              So...much...pizza...
              Just remember, cold pizza is good the next day. And the next day. And the next day. And the next day.

Quoth firecat88 View Post
              Tomorrow, we're having eggs benedict for breakfast and possibly making cookies.
              Mmmm....eggs benedict.

I am TRYING to go to the best Sunday brunch in town, but all my friends are lame, either not willing to go, working, or not answering their phones. I may yet go alone....or not....haven't decided yet.

And....just heard back from my friend Popcorn that I was hanging out with last night. Brunch is ON! WOO HOO!!!!
              (I really hope they have duck today. I'm in the mood for some good duck. And yes...this place often has duck, among other things, for their brunch. I TOLD you it's the best brunch in town!)
              Last edited by Jester; 01-01-2012, 02:35 PM.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
              Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
              X