This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brain fart time...

one of my new years resolutions eas to eat better this year, I already eat low fat, low sodium but I'm working good hours but come home to late to want to cook anymore.

so heres my brain fart...

I've found plenty of reciepesthat make multiple servings, and I plan on investing in some good freezable tupperware to store left overs....

but I often forget to bring things out to thaw before I leave for work.

how effective would it be for single size servings to be packaged and taken directly from freezer to microwave.

assume of course I got the tupperware to do this without melting or affecting the food from freezer to microwave and no thawing.
    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Casserole style dishes do very well from freezer to microwave, ditto soups and most stews and lasagne. Stir fry type meals should do ok, just add your veggies right at the very end when you originally make the dish, so they don't get much if any cooking. They'll cook more when the meal is heated in the microwave. Also remember to include a bit of extra liquid with the rice.
    You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

You can also take stuff out of the tupperware and put it on a plate before you microwave it. If it's stuck, run hut water over the outside of the tupperware.
      The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

One thing you CAN do to save a step is something I did when I was pressed for time to get home from work and get dinner done and served before my ex went to work an hour later. I'd buy all the ground beef and chicken I'd need for whatever meals I had planned for the week, fry it all up on my days off and put 1 lb of the cooked meat in freezer bags and freeze them so they'd be ready to pull out, thawed in the microwave in a bowl, and cut down on the time it took to fix a meal.
        "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

I make big batches and freeze individual servings. The frozen meals act as cold blocks in my lunchbag, keeping my yogurt and drinks cold. I love the pyrex rectangular dishes (6" X 8", I think). I am not comfortable microwaving stuff in plastic, so I'm glad to have glass. They have plastic covers. The cheapest I've seen them is at Malwart. I think each was less than $5 when I got them. There are also 2-cup rounds and smaller rounds. I take the covers off while microwaving and take a dishcloth to work with me to use as a hotpad/napkin (trying to use less paper napkins).
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
          X