This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The setup for visitor parking creates problems

I work at a university as a contract parking attendant. The parking company I work for has a contract with the university. There are 3 levels inside visitor parking. Level one is for visitor parking. Levels 2 & 3 are for university employees having reserved parking on levels 2 & 3. There is a card reader & a ticket machine at the entrance gate. The ticket machine has tickets in it, but it has been disabled because the pay machine has not yet been installed. There is a call box at the exit gate to visitor parking, but there is not one at the entrance gate.
    • There is a gate next to the visitor parking booth & a gate across from the visitor parking booth. Andrea *not her real name*, the Director of Parking & Transportation Services, wants that gate across from the visitor parking booth raised from 7 a.m. to 10 a.m. Monday through Friday for university employees to enter the garage.
    • Visitors are supposed to drive up to the visitor parking booth window, but several visitors have used the open lane that the university employees use to enter the garage. The reason for this is because I have to use the clicker to raise the gate to the visitor parking entrance gate since the customer cannot pull a ticket from the ticket machine.
    • The only sign stating visitor parking is $5.00 is the sign that is taped to the "box" at the visitor parking exit gate where you insert your token.

New visitors arriving at the university often use the open lane because of the raised gate. There is an 8 inch by 11 inch sign taped to the gate next to the visitor parking booth stating visitor parking entry, but not many new visitors even notice it...especially if they use the lane that the university employees use.
Working...
X