Ask Ignorant Question, Get Enlightening Response
Lady (And I use that term loosely, as in, the only thing she had in common with a proper lady was 2 "X" chromosomes) storms into the office indignation-first and declares she's here to pick up her towed car. So, I pull the paperwork out of the bin and start filling it out, that's where the fun starts.
- You should get a real job!
- This is a real job, I get a real paycheck every month
- *scoffs* Whatever! WRITE FASTER I'M LATE BECAUSE OF YOU!
- You should've gone to college!
- I did, class of 2000, Penn State University
- *scoffs* Shut up! Just write!
scribble, scribble, scribble
- You know, you really need to get a real job!
- As I said before Miss...
- *scoffs* JUST BE QUIET AND FINISH THE DAMN PAPERWORK!
- ... this is a real job, I get paid...
- *scoffs* WHATEVER! WRITE!!!!
- ... for it.
scribble, scribble, scribble
- So, you went to college, and now you're a TOW TRUCK DRIVER?
- Yep, It pays the bills
- PAYS THE BILLS???
- Yep, it's a living
- *scoffs* Learn to use your major or something!
- I'd love to *holds up left hand* but as you see, missing a finger on this hand kinda disqualifies me from..
- JUST FINISH! I DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT!
- ... working in that field
scribble, scribble, done
-okay, sign here on the bottom please
Lady signs ACROSS THE WHOLE PAGE FROM CORNER TO CORNER, slams the pen down and storms out. Aside from being fun as an experiment to see if I could actually get her to hyperventilate, without success, I'd like everyone to use this as a learning tool. Everytime you have an SC who belittles your career or "obvious" lack of education, and after they leave you bemoan the fact you never got a chance to tell them their assumptions were wrong? Forget it, as you can clearly see, they just keep moving the goalposts so that they're the perfect one and you're the troglodyte. But, it IS
fun to watch them do it, I probably shouldn't toy with them like this.
Playing Stupid Will Get Yous Nowhere
- This is Argabarga with Friendly Neighborhood Towing, I believe someone at this number called looking for a VW Jetta?
- Yes that was me
- Okay, I have one here from 818 California Av, green with Maryland plates, if that's the vehicle it looks like we do have it.
- But, but why was it towed?
- It was called into us for having an expired permit
- No! I have a permit!
- The only permit we can see in the car right now is an old sticker from 2011 in the lower left corner of the rear window, we went around it three times before we towed it and saw no current permit or temp pass.
- But my permit is CURRENT!
- No it is not ma'm, it's an old 2011 blue permit, current 2012's at that complex are lime green in color, valid until June of 2012. Yours is the wrong color and it says right on it "Expires 12/31/2011" , so it is expired and has been for 2 months now.
- I have a good permit in that car!
- Where was it located? Because we don't see one.
- It's in THE REAR WINDOW DOWN IN THE CORNER!
- Like I said ma'm, the only permit visible in this car is long expired.
- Fine! This is a real f*cking racket you run! I hope you're happy picking on f*cking poor college students because you ruined my f*cking night! I have places to go and things to do and you just took my f*cking car for no reason at all! I LIVE THERE! I HAVE A PERMIT!
- An expired one, and if you swear at me again I will disconnect this call, there's no reason for that.
- FINE! GET A REAL JOB!
I will submit your suggestions to get a "Real Job" (tm) to the proper oversight committee, ma'm. You don't by chance know the other charming lady who was here earlier do you? See, she made the same request and maybe you could keep her updated on the progress of the ol' job search, saves me from making 2 phone calls. Oh, and for future reference kids, if you try the I-lived-here-last-semester-but-I-moved-and-my-pals-didn't-so-I'll-just-sneak-back-in-on-last-years-permit-for-the-big-party trick, don't, we know that one by heart. And if you get caught, don't lie about it, that's just silly.
Huzzah! The Stupidity Has Been Doubled!
-Yeah, I have someone in my spot
-Okay, what spot number and address?
-It's spot 3
-And the address?
-Uh, I don't know, it's Eastview Apartments
-Okay, I'm not familiar with that location, we must not tow from there very often, what is the street address?
-Or, do you know what street it's on? Or what it's close to?
-Uh... ya know, nevermind, I'll just park across the street in this other place's lot for tonight.
-Uhm, are you SURE you want to do that? You might get towed
-No, it's fine, sorry to bother you guys, have a nice night! *click*
*sigh* Where did Mom and Dad go wrong? Scary part? She might still be of child-rearing age