X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This sort of thing is way more common than it should be

Presented in image form:

It was staring this person right in the face as they were typing their question. I sometimes wonder why I bother having a profile on any art sites, nobody ever reads them!
    The best advice is this: Don't take advice and don't give advice. ~Author Unknown

Nobody can give you wiser advice than yourself. ~Cicero

See the fuzzy - http://bladespark.livejournal.com/

Bah? Uh- um? *brain runs away*
    Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
    Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

No retention. By the time they got to the end of your info, they didn't remember what you said. And apparently it's too hard to go back and read it again.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I see this on the Moodle that the university uses. One of the "topic" areas is for our field placement and despite the academic co-ordinator for my degree stating to everyone "You go <here> at <time>", a good chunk of the posts afterwards have been "But I'm doing <topic that has their field placement lecture at the time posted> do I attend?"

The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

It strikes me that people cannot read, will not read, and shall not read, when money is involved.
          Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth Kristev View Post
            It strikes me that people cannot read, will not read, and shall not read, when money is involved.
            Unless the word "Free" is involved. Then that's the only word they'll read.
            If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

<fritzes> Wow. Just, uh. Wow.

So the question is, I guess....do you really take commissions? <ducks>
              By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Quoth Kristev View Post
                I call that Willful Stupidity.
                Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                  I call that Willful Stupidity.
                  I think it could be considered more a case of selective blindness...
                  But yeah. I see what you mean.
                  Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Comment

No, you're all wrong. Reading requires a brain, first to distinguish the letters, and secondly to interpret their meaning.

These consumers have no brain with which to work. They're acting on instinct. Deep, dark, primordial instinct.
                    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth Kristev View Post
                      No, you're all wrong. Reading requires a brain, first to distinguish the letters, and secondly to interpret their meaning.

These consumers have no brain with which to work. They're acting on instinct. Deep, dark, primordial instinct.
                      I always suspected but thank you for confirming it.
                      "They gave me a badge with my name on it. In case I forget who I am." Dr Who - Closing Time

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." Adam Savage-Mythbusters

Comment

Spark - Can you delete stupid comments, or even edit them to read "[removed due to stupidity - mod]"?
                        Quoth Kristev View Post
                        They're acting on instinct. Deep, dark, primordial instinct.
                        I was thinking you would end that with "primordial ooze". Either one works.
                        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Why would I want to delete it? It doesn't make me look bad that other people are idiots. And imho if somebody's been an idiot, they deserve to have the world see it!
                          The best advice is this: Don't take advice and don't give advice. ~Author Unknown

Nobody can give you wiser advice than yourself. ~Cicero

See the fuzzy - http://bladespark.livejournal.com/

Comment

Couple weeks ago I was on a LONG "triangle" run, and didn't have enough fuel to get back to the company yard. I e-mailed dispatch asking if they could set up my fuel card # 123 456 789 0 for 100 gallons, and got a prompt reply "Sure - what's the number?". Dispatcher had to read past the card number to get to the amount of fuel I wanted it set up for.
                            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
                            X