This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No, THIS is what you need to buy!

Ok guys. I was punch drunk tired when I posted this and forgot I'd already told the story! Can the Mods merge it with the other? Sorry about the repost. Got to admit, it's a story worthy of telling twice!
    Last edited by LillFilly; 04-24-2012, 05:08 AM. Reason: Because I'm a moron.
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

I can totally see trying to save a customer's ass by inquiring and then gently correcting them if they may be mixed up in their facts. But if one flat out tells me something, then I order what I think they should have without telling them? MASSIVE fail.

Glad your mom got around them. I'd probably go in with a a scrap piece when the job is finished and see if I could go over their heads a bit. That kind of delay for that reason is pretty sucky.

Comment

Well of course a little lady would have no idea how these things are done. The big strong hardware employee man knows better. I HATE that! Good on her getting her nails somewhere else, I hope she let those guys know the sale went elsewhere.

Comment

She should have gone in with a piece of the siding, as well as a great big oak branch. Tell them "since you have said this cannot possibly be oak, then I cannot possibly be about to beat you over the head with oak".

Madness takes it's toll....
        Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Quoth Merriweather View Post
          ...beat you over the head with oak".
          If I put some knots on your head, we'll call them ache-horns.
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I could have sworn I've heard this before... Probably even on these very boards. Seems a common theme. =P

Comment

nothing like people expecting you to buy stuff you didn't ask for

Comment

this the situation where the phrase the customer is always right actually applies, if they order steel nails give them the fucking steel nails.
                Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
                Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

Well of course a little lady would have no idea how these things are done. The big strong hardware employee man knows better. I HATE that!
                  reminds me of one my mom pulled - we were doing improvements on the house... Mom and Aunt T went to (i think) Orange Apron, (whichever one is open later) and she tells the guys that she needs a thingamajig for the the doohickey and does the whole "I'm a silly female, and my husband is the one that needs this, but he's in the middle of the work, and sent me to get him this part" bit - plays it to the hilt, Aunt T bites her lip and plays along.... and the guy helping them has that patient patronizing look on his face the entire time... he helps them get whatever thing it was they went in for... and then as they are walking off, Mom looks at Aunt T and says "Oh yeah don't let me forget that I need <insert specific hardware jargon here>" and guy helping them hears this, and realized that he'd been had.... bwahahahahahah
                  I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
                    Glad your mom got around them. I'd probably go in with a a scrap piece when the job is finished and see if I could go over upside their heads a bit. That kind of delay for that reason is pretty sucky.
                    Fixed that fer ya...

Comment

Quoth Draco View Post
                      I could have sworn I've heard this before... Probably even on these very boards.
                      Quite likely.
                      Last edited by Argus; 04-24-2012, 03:33 AM.

Comment

Quoth Argus View Post
                        Yeah I realized this. Completely flew my mind. I'm a moron.
                        "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Maybe OT, but how do you nail nails into oak without splitting it?

I had to replace a busted marble threshold (saddle? the doohecky that goes at the bottom of a doorway to separate one room from another) in my tenants' apartment, and figured that since the ends were diagonal, that wood would be easier to cut to shape than stone. So I got the thing, happened to be made of oak. As soon as I tried to nail it down, the darn thing split along the length. They weren't really big nails either, just thin brads. What do you have to do, pre-drill the nail holes or what?

(I wound up getting another one, drilling holes in it, and screwing it to the subfloor.)

Comment

Working...
                          X