Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I love getting people in trouble! (SC & Sucky Co-worker!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love getting people in trouble! (SC & Sucky Co-worker!)

I got called in yesterday to work at the Big Box to cover for someone that didn't show up. It's not my department, but I needed the hours and got some brownie points, so not a big deal.

As I walked around, I and another associate noticed a young lady using of the computer terminals. She was in street clothes and neither one of us recognized her. The associate didn't want to confront her, but I don't care if I piss people off for messing with company property.

So, being the brave little trooper that I am, I asked her if she needed any help. (Translation: Get the hell of my terminal.) She stated that she was looking up a receipt for her entourage. I stated that customer service could do that for her. (Translation: Get the fsck off my terminal.) She waved me off angrily and said that she was a senior associate at another store and the she could do it much quicker than my buddies at customer service. And they "already knew" about what she was doing.

Okay, company policy states that you are not supposed to even touch the terminals (or any company property) while you are off the clock in your own store, let alone one you don't work at. Furthermore, you just insulted a nice bunch of ladies that I consider friends. And you demonstrated that you are too frickin' impatient to wait your turn so my overworked friends could do their jobs for you. Plus, if you thought that doing this was really okay, you wouldn't be using a terminal that was in the back corner of the store and not readily visible.

I told my associate to get on the radio and get a manager. Then I kept an eye on her so I could rat her out. Unfortunately, the managers were in a meeting, so she left before one of them became available to do anything. Luckily, the sucky customer/associate was dumb enough to walk away without logging out. So I was able to get her name, her store number and her position there. As soon as a manager became available, I handed him the information.

She was nasty to me, to my associate, to the customer service ladies, and to the guys in the tech department (where I usually work). So I hope she gets in a whole mess of trouble for this.
    A smile is just a grimace that's been edited for public consumption. -- Tony Cochran

Wow! Good thing she doesn't work at your store! She could probably be fired for that.
    "If you are planning not to tip, please let your server know before ordering so they can decide whether or not to wait on you" - from an advice column I read some time ago

Comment

Working...
    X