This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, talk about pathetic.

This is a thread on OCD Girl, but it isn't about work, so I thought it should go here.

Pathetic situation #1

OCD Girl had a degree in PR, and Advertising. A trampoline park right down the road from work, is looking for a PR person. BP's wife tells OCDG about the job. OCDG's response - she didn't see it online, so until they put an application online, she won't apply. Yeah, she can't even drive to the place, a half mile from here, to apply for a great job in her field.

Pathetic situation #2

OCDG owes her oldest half-sister $1000 for her "Korean Vacation". She works 5 hours a week, and isn't making payments, or anything. She's bitching about not having any money. What does she do? She asks BP's wife to loan her money to buy a $20 CD, and a $50 poster off Ebay. BP's wife said NO! She's pissed that OCDG isn't even trying to pay her half-sister back. When she told OCDG no, and why, OCDG said ohhhhhh. She couldn't even comprehend that maybe paying her family back should come first.

Pathetic situation #3

She did apply for 1 job online. She applied for a job at the County DMV office. That's it. She was supposed to find out today if she's going to be called in for an interview. But, she's only applied there. She thinks she's going to get it, but doesn't have a back up plan at all if she doesn't get it, or even called back for an interview.
    "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Quoth Victory Sabre View Post
    OCD Girl had a degree in PR, and Advertising. A trampoline park right down the road from work, is looking for a PR person. BP's wife tells OCDG about the job. OCDG's response - she didn't see it online, so until they put an application online, she won't apply. Yeah, she can't even drive to the place, a half mile from here, to apply for a great job in her field.
    Are you freakin' kidding me!? I would be thrilled to death if I only have to drive half a mile to apply for a job in my field. Hell, I would sprint there.

Comment

Although I consider myself lucky I really don't have to drive all that far for anything in my area, both jobs included, I'd be thrilled as well to have a job that close. Half of a mile? Heck, I'd WALK to that job!
      Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

*bangs head against wall*

I don't think I've ever worked less than 2 miles away from home. The only time I've refused to go for an application/interview is when the job was a mile away and the interview was 100+ miles away! There were multiple issues with that job anyway so it was the last in a long line of reasons.
        I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Would it be rude of me to say it sounds very much as if OCDG doesn't want a job?

Comment

Quoth Pixilated View Post
            Would it be rude of me to say it sounds very much as if OCDG doesn't want a job?
            Oh, I do think she wants a job. Only that she wants it handed to her on a silver platter, 'cause she's a speshiul pwincess who shouldn't bother to, like, make an honest effort herself
            A theory states that if anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for, it will be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

Another theory states that this has already happened.

Comment

Quoth Pixilated View Post
              Oh, she wants a job. She wants to be an important and well praised high level person who earns lots of money and gets floated to the top on a comfy cloud with everyone running round her telling her how hard she has it and how well she's doing. Without having to do scut jobs and prove her abilities first. Probably whilst not having to turn up to work if she doesn't want to and doesn't have to do anything whilst she's actually there...

Jaded? Me? Yes, I am. You're welcome.
              I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

She works 5 hours a week, and isn't making payments, or anything.
                Does she have another job? I mean how doe she live on only 5 hours a week?

SC
                "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

Quoth BroSCFischer View Post
                  Does she have another job? I mean how doe she live on only 5 hours a week?

SC
                  Remember that controversial issue of Time, that came out a few weeks ago?

Yeah, that's her. Big bad mamma (aka Psyco bitch) pays for everything. She lives rent free with PB. PB bought her her car. She's 25, and has never grown up.

I found out that she wasn't called in for an interview with the DMV. I did hear she actually applied for another job after (online, of course), I just don't remember where at the moment.
                  "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

She's 25!
                    I'm 25! I work 30-37 hours a week. I drive a shit box cause that's what my parents bought me several years ago. I have a crappy apartment cause that's what I can afford. I'm living on my own with very little help from my parents. And I'm paying them back a little every month for the $1000+ they've loaned me over the last year.
                    This girl is due for a rude awakening. and her mother too.
                    Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                    Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

OCDG owes her oldest half-sister $1000 for her "Korean Vacation".
                      If you have to borrow money to go on vacation, you don't need to be going on vacation.

Comment

If I remember from an earlier post, she had taken a job teaching in South Korea. Once she got there, she decided she was not going to fullfill her contract and her sister had to sent her $1000 to get home.

Comment

Quoth dragon_wings View Post
                          She's 25!
                          I'm 25! I work 30-37 hours a week. I drive a shit box cause that's what my parents bought me several years ago. I have a crappy apartment cause that's what I can afford. I'm living on my own with very little help from my parents. And I'm paying them back a little every month for the $1000+ they've loaned me over the last year.
                          This girl is due for a rude awakening. and her mother too.
                          She will get it when the Bank of Mom closes for good for whatever reason. Then she will either find some poor guy to leech off of, or will start a new career: canvassing her family members for "loans."

Comment

Quoth FormerCallingCardRep View Post
                            If I remember from an earlier post, she had taken a job teaching in South Korea. Once she got there, she decided she was not going to fullfill her contract and her sister had to sent her $1000 to get home.
                            Oh, so she's still a flake, just a different kind.

Comment

I highly doubt she'll find a guy. She seems scared of them, even though she haves obsessive crushes on them. She's never even been kissed, or gone out on a date, even though she did have a couple of guys who wanted her (before she became so OCD).

The bank of mom will close when she dies. From everything I've seen (where's the brain bleach when I need it?) that's the way mom wants it.

EDIT -

I also found out where the job is she applied for. She applied at a place she interned at while in college. In theory, because of that, she has a leg up. However, that is before she went off the deep end with her OCD.
                              Last edited by Victory Sabre; 06-02-2012, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X