X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy Driver of the Year Award!!!!!

Just experienced this this morning.

I was going straight headed east (to the right). The road is 3-lanes each way, with 2 turning lanes going east. See that red line with arrows? That's the elderly lady in the gigantic old blue Buick who putt-putted through a turn from the side road, against her light (opposing traffic had the turn) inches from the bumpers of those of us waiting at our light, before turning into the turn lane GOING THE WRONG WAY and continuing down the road heading west, without a care in the world, on the wrong side of the road while cars and trucks desperately honked at her! In unison, every single one of us seeing this were and we all had a moment where we all came-together in a communal 'WTF' moment and shrugged at each other.

Seconds later a police officer raced by on the old lady's trail, but by then we had the light. I wonder if they caught her, or if she'd managed to cross the median onto the correct side of the road.
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Sunnuffabuick!
    Pete, that was a helluva bad idea assigning my granny as a guardian angel!
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Sheesh, for a minute there I thought my husband's grandmother had come back to life, rest her ornery, oblivious soul. Nan had an invincible sense of her priority over everyone else on the planet, especially on the road. Four-way stops were a nightmare if she was driving, because while she'd come to a complete stop, she was going next, no matter whose turn it actually was.

And she couldn't turn her head left or right. Eventually her children pulled their heads out of their butts and started driving her around so the doctor wouldn't pull her license, but eventually the doctor caught on and did it anyway.

How my husband turned out as normal and intelligent as he did considering his ancestry is still a mystery.
      What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

My Mom inherited a similar, but (thankfully) far less severe issue, by proxy --- her mom had a neck issue that made it very difficult, and even painful, to turn her head to the left. She was aware of this issue, so she tended to be VERY careful about making left turns (she did them only when needed, and would rather make 3 rights than a left if it was feasible); she turned her entire upper body to look when she DID have to turn left. Because of this, grandma became visibly irritated when making left turns.

My mom grew up, and learned to drive, thinking that left turns were inherently problematic for *everyone* as a result, simply because grandma never complained about the stiffness/pain itself, just about the inconvenience (she was a really nice, and tough, lady who didn't like to complain ^_^). Mom didn't find out about the issues until she herself was in her late 40's....So, while Mom has gotten used to left turns like most people, we still tease her about making 'DUN DUN DUNNNNNNN *screeeeeeeeeeam* A LEFT TURN!!!!' , do this day.
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

i'd say look it up on the police blotter to see if you can find anything.

once saw a lot of police cars at the intersection near my apt. later that night i looked it up and found out the cops were trying to reconstruct the scene. (some lady just veered off at the intersection, through another car and into someone's yard)

Comment

Working...
          X