Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What gets me are the people that think light twine is sufficient to hold a mattress to the top of a car. You see them going down the highway with the things floating on the roof.
    "Of all the liars in the world, sometimes the worst are your own fears." – Rudyard Kipling

I don't have hot flashes. I have short, private vacations to the tropics.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
      We need to have Maria's dad beef up our bumpers with a little rebar and cement so we can survive the idiots.
      Problem with that is it'll completely tank our gas mileage.
      "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
      - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
        Problem with that is it'll completely tank our gas mileage.
        Details, details. What does Enzo say about aerodynamics? (in protege's siggie)
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth pitmonkey View Post
          What gets me are the people that think light twine is sufficient to hold a mattress to the top of a car.
          Some of that you can blame on the store that sold the mattress. Not just those stores either. I worked at Hechinger's, and all we had to secure such items was twine. It sucks, but if management isn't willing to provide something decent, you have to make do.
          Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
            Some of that you can blame on the store that sold the mattress. Not just those stores either. I worked at Hechinger's, and all we had to secure such items was twine. It sucks, but if management isn't willing to provide something decent, you have to make do.
            QFT. The wholesale club provided twine free of charge, and the customers were allowed to take as much as they felt was necessary to tie down the mattresses. We also sold sets of bungee cords.

The employees could help you load it into/onto your car, but securing it was left up to the customers. We were not allowed to help tie merchandise down.
            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Panacea View Post
              Car Wars, anyone?
              Nice D3 swerve! Don't forget to reset to your maximum handling class at the end of the round.
              The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
              "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
              Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Holy COW! People have been KILLED from things like that! *HUGS* I sure hope they catch that guy...!

Comment

I've had this happen a couple of times. First one was a blue plastic 55 gallon drum that flew out of the bed of a pickup and bounced off my front bumper. Gave the police the license plate but they pretty much blew me off. Second one was a shovel that fell off of a landscapers truck, went under the car in front of me which snapped the handle, then the now spear-pointed handle bounced up and went through my rad and a/c condenser.

Comment

Working...
                  X