This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freeway Fucktardery and Mangled Merging

OK, for the unfamiliar, if the road is narrowing from 2 lanes to one and the line does not end along one side (i.e. it just "disappears"), it's known as a zip merge. The rule is that if the person to your left/right is about a third in front of you, that person goes first. Sound simple?
    Not for one fucktard this morning, who decided that the rules didn't apply to him, zipped around and cut me off. In a 40km/h zone.

As for the Freeway fucktardery...

This morning driving along the freeway, I came across a rather thick patch of fog. To the point where my lights WERE needed.

I spotted no less than 5 cars who thought that putting their lights on in FOG was beneath them.
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

I wish we had the zipper law here... Especially in my immediate neighbourhood where we've got one road going from single track to up to 4 lanes wide & back down again, over just a half-mile stretch!
    This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
    I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
      I spotted no less than 5 cars who thought that putting their lights on in FOG was beneath them.
      Only 5? Geez, I can spot 3 times that number in less than a mile on the main drag to/from work, and that's when it's new morning, too (i.e.: Sun's not completely up yet).

Sometimes it's PennDOT vehicles, too.

SC
      "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

I'm usually just thankful I can spot them at all...
        This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
        I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Working...
        X