X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turn here, push down... what?

Quick question for the pharmacy workers from my hubby:
    Is there any rhyme or reason behind the packaging for his prescriptions? He has at least 6 bottles at a time and you'd think there would be consistency among the given drugs, but there isn't. (At least none we can discern. )

We're talking lids. Some are the reversible versions, at least one has a tab to hold down.

My theory is that it depends on the whim of the person doing the packaging. I know that you can request only certain lids if, for example, you have difficulty opening the darn things without handing them to a two-year old.

Thoughts? Conspiracy theories? Trivial Pursuit answers?

... filled by a member of the Ankh-Morpork Guild of Fools, Joculators, Minstrels, Buffoons ....
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

You should be able to ask that they not put it in non-child-proof lids. You might have to sign a waiver, but I think most pharmacies will do it. And it doesn't hinge on if you have problems opening child-proof lids.
      Last edited by Pagan; 06-18-2012, 11:14 PM.
      It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Why do they call them child-proof, anyway? Anything adults hand to their kids to open for them is NOT child-proof.
        Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

I know my grandmother's bottles you could turn the caps upside to turn off the child safety.

I would lean towards cost, stock, and fast delivery.

Comment

dalesys: The caps were originally invented by Bloody Stupid Johnson.

Comment

Quoth emt_cookies View Post
              I know my grandmother's bottles you could turn the caps upside to turn off the child safety.

I would lean towards cost, stock, and fast delivery.
              Veterinary medicine is often in bottles with these caps.
              Women can do anything men can.
              But we don't because lots of it's disgusting.
              Maxine

Comment

The answer is because the pharmacy buys bottles from whatever supplier gives them the best deal of the week. The bottle supplies get mixed up and the Rx gets filled in whatever bottle the pharmacist grabs first.

You can ask for non-childproof bottles; some arthritics can't open those. Some places might require a waiver, might not.
                They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

My pharm. fills all my scripts in regular (not childproof) capped bottles. All I had to do was ask. No waiver, no reason other than that's what I prefer. I take multiple meds and find dealing with the childproof caps to be a PITA. We don't have kids, so I don't have that to worrry about.
                  Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

Quoth Onlooker View Post
                    Thoughts? Conspiracy theories?
                    To keep the robots from using your medicine as fuel.

Comment

Working...
                    X