This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth morgana
    Mikkel, honestly, I thought you were a native English speaker. When I learned you were Danish I was astonished. There are people in my own country who do not speak English anywhere near as well as you do.
    Quoted for the absolute truth.
    Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
    Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Quoth Zoom View Post
      Why does he call himself "Dr. Doom", when he is a monarch and never really got his degree from Empire State U.? He should be called King Victor.
      He's the ruthless despot of his own country who can warp the laws of reality with science OR magic. DOOM can call himself whatever he wants.
      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth dragon_wings View Post
        Quoted for the absolute truth.
        Thank you, both of you. I'm blushing .

Comment

Quoth Victoria J View Post
          No no. There are normally 2 DDs. Breasts ! (Is it not a bra size in the US, it made the Daredevil film unnecessarily amusing to me when he made a DD symbol).
          Just to confuse matters, when someone talks about DD-40, they're not necessarily talking about breasts.
          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Not to mention, DD is (or was) the designation for a naval destroyer - which tends to be equipped with torpedoes (among other things).

I'll just leave that out there.

Comment

Quoth Chromatix View Post
              Incidentally, Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Iceland all use their own "Kroner" currencies - Kroner meaning "crowns" - each with it's own exchange rate. Some of them also still use fractions of a Kroner, called øre - but single øre are no longer in use, only fairly large groups of them.

The Icelandic Kroner is abbreviated ISK, hence the name of the currency used in Eve Online, whose developers are based in Iceland. The others are abbreviated SEK, NOK, DKK respectively.

Finland is the only Nordic country not using a "Kroner" currency. Currently the Euro is used (and Finland has one of the strongest Euro economies at the moment), but previously the local currency was the Markka (FIM).

47 Norwegian Kr is ... guess it went up; it's now $7.895
              Denmark: $7.954 - wow almost 8 bucks!
              Sweden: $6.714
              Iceland: $0.373

I'm thinking the scam idea was right... and that he was hoping you'd think it was a really good price and flubbed it pretty badly.
              and that he didn't plan on you looking up to see how much he was really trying to offer you

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
                Yes it is, its the size where bras become uncute, and you grind your teeth in rage that the only colors available with that size and beyond are like...beige, black, and white.
                I just got a really cute! blue w/ lime green swirls in DDD!!!
                I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

Ahahahaha! Saw this lovely post from someone else in the industry today:

so wtf, this dude messages me and sez he wants a design done. but its not even english!!!! hes like speakin in polish or summat stupid, and i had to get google translte to read it. f***in idiot tried offerin me like five bucks to do a design for him, f*** him.
                  And then shortly after that on ANOTHER person's status:

I DONT SPEAK NOWEIGIAN OH MY GOD STOP MESDSAGING ME
                  I'm dying, this is too funny.
                  By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Looks like neither of them actually speaks *any* known Earth language.

Comment

No kidding! But yep, Danish dude is trying to get others to work for ridiculously low prices apparently XD

I give him two weeks before he's gotten everyone in the entire industry to block him.
                      By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
                        No kidding! But yep, Danish dude is trying to get others to work for ridiculously low prices apparently XD

I give him two weeks before he's gotten everyone in the entire industry to block him.
                        Sounds about right. I've tried prodding a bit on my Danish-languaged forums, and none seem to know that guy. So just ignore him, eventually he'll move on.
                        A theory states that if anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for, it will be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

Another theory states that this has already happened.

Comment

Working...
                        X