Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went to a discount store to use the restroom. I saw none so I asked nicely if there was one I could use. They didn't have one for customers but... they said I could use it anyway.

Yay! If they'd left it at "no sorry" I would have gone elsewhere, but they said "ok" so yay!

Then they directed me to the bathrooms. One was padlocked, one was labeled "out of order". So I had the bright idea that the OOO one couldn't have been *that* out of order. So I used it.

And it didn't flush.
    And this wasn't liquid waste.

Thankfully I was able to make it flush anyway - they had some kind of deep-dish thing for storing the plunger. I took the plunger out and used contraption as a bowl. I filled it at the sink and poured bowl after bowl into the ... bowl (heh) until it finally flushed.

I didn't feel entirely guilty cos... who directs someone to use a PADLOCKED bathroom? I did feel bad about the mess in toilet though, which is why i went out of my way to make sure it flushed. Even if I had to kludge it somewhat.

Sadly it's not the first time i've done that though. The first time was far far worse.

It was on my first ship. The head in question had been secured so that the toilet could be worked on. Only instead of putting up a lock or even a sign on the door - the person dangled a helmet off the knob.

Did I realize that helmet meant "secured"? Hell no, I thought someone was just being too lazy to put gear away! I didn't realize anything was amiss until AFTER I'd used the toilet and tried flushing it... That's when I realized the flush water wasn't connected to the toilet. I tried to make the water go in the toilet bowl but it didn't work, and just made a bit of a mess.

Yes I should have cleaned it up. I didn't, and I know that was wrong and shitty of me. (heh, pun intended)

And to be honest... when I found out who was the one responsible for "securing" the head (with a helmet!), the bitch in me took a bit of joy too cos I didn't like her. And, no, she never found out it was me either.
    Last edited by PepperElf; 12-04-2012, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
      One time when I was about 14 or 15 (I know the age because I remember which house in which town we were in),
      .. One of the few advantages of having moved around a LOT - you can always pinpoint when something happened by remembering the house or town you lived in. I've won bets on what year a song came out or other event happened. I can always pin down the year, often even a month range

Quoth Zaiida View Post
      Light poles and kerbs usually get me, I always go splat or bonk.
      While on a guided history walk, I was talking to a friend and managed to walk straight into a parking meter. In London. Do you know how few parking meters there are in London (compared to US cities)? And I managed to find one to walk into

Then there was the time I drove out of a mall parking lot (this mall had the brightest parking lot I've ever seen) and straight onto a major street with powerful street lights. Got pulled over by a policeman. Had no idea what I'd done. He walked up, looked at my license, then asked me "Do your headlights work properly?" I said, yes, as far as I knew they did. He then just gave a little sigh and said "Then why don't you try turning them on?". I didn't get a ticket, but I think I turned every shade of red & pink in the colour spectrum, and shrunk a few inches into my seat. I reached over, turned them on, he kinda shook his head, said "Thank you" and walked off.

Madness takes it's toll....
      Please have exact change ready.

Comment

When I was growing up, I was well known for my sleepwalking abilities. I was told about it later but apparently this one time my Mother was having a baby shower and I came in in my PJs and sat down on the couch, picked up a book, and started to read. Of course I was still sleeping at that point.

I also remember one time I dreamt that I took all the sheets and blankets off my bed and put them in the laundry. I woke up with no bedding on my bed whatsoever. I looked all over the house for that bedding and finally found it stuffed in the back of a closet. Good thing I didnt decide to turn on the water!
        "Employees can make or break any business, so treat them with respect. Job satisfaction has little to do with money. Discover what it has to do with and make sure they get it."

Comment

Quoth Sandiercy View Post
          When I was growing up, I was well known for my sleepwalking abilities. I was told about it later but apparently this one time my Mother was having a baby shower and I came in in my PJs and sat down on the couch, picked up a book, and started to read. Of course I was still sleeping at that point.

I also remember one time I dreamt that I took all the sheets and blankets off my bed and put them in the laundry. I woke up with no bedding on my bed whatsoever. I looked all over the house for that bedding and finally found it stuffed in the back of a closet. Good thing I didnt decide to turn on the water!
          I don't remember most of my sleepwalking, just a couple of incidents...

1) In grade school, my best friend was staying overnight. I remember dreaming that she was there I think but that I had to turn the record over. IIRC I stepped on her in the middle of the night.

2) My last instance was when I was in late middle school. I remember dreaming that one of my teachers was there and needed help. I woke up and woke my parents to help him when I realized... Oh that was a dream.

3) Well there was one other time... I don't think it was sleep walking though. I got back to the ship late at night after drinking and slept on the couch in berthing so I wouldn't wake up the other people in my cubicle. I woke up in my rack.

not sure if i went there on my own or if someone woke me up to make me go to my actual bed.

Comment

Of course, the theme song for this thread is "We Are The Chumpions"...
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

At old store, very lovely coworker lady came through my register when she'd finished for the day (and she came through me because I was fast despite the rates saying otherwise). She proceeded to try and swipe her employee card through the EFTPOS machine and hand me her credit card to scan. (good thing I DIDN'T do that!)

I have also accidentally called my manager "The British-looking one" but not to his face.
              The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Working...
              X