This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crooks really ARE stupid

My city has some of those electronic billboards that change every so often. Among the advertisements that rotate on these billboards are pictures of people the local police department is trying to catch, usually for bench warrants or probation/parole violations.

According to the local newsrag, one of the people displayed on these billboards saw his name and mugshot go up on it, and called dispatch to complain about it.

They sent a couple officers to his home, where they listened to his complaint--and then took him into custody.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

I... I...

*headdesk*

I need booze. And a straw.

Comment

Just another example of how SCs today always expect to get their way.

Sign of the times.
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth Oniontears View Post
        I... I...

*headdesk*

I need booze. And a straw.
        Seconded. Make a it a crazy straw. Yeah, they've got to be hitting the top 25 in dumb criminals with that one.
        "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

although part of me is boggled... that they spend the $ on the advertisement, but never went to his house to arrest him in the first place...

Comment

May not have known where to find him. Until he called and asked for someone to come see him.

Comment

Ahhhhahahaha that's hilarious.

Comment

"Damn it, that picture isn't my good side! How dare they? And I shaved off that mustache months ago! Doesn't anybody care about doing a good job? Blargle blargle...What's that, officer? Hands up? Oh....duh!"
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth morgana View Post
                  May not have known where to find him. Until he called and asked for someone to come see him.
                  He may have moved since he last had contact with the PD and they didn't have his current address before he was stupid enough to call and complain about the billboard.
                  Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

There's gotta be a website somewhere about stupid criminals ... this guy deserves a place of honour on it!

I wonder if he'll try to use "public humiliation" as an attempt to get a lesser sentence when his case comes up in court ...

Comment

Quoth Pixilated View Post
                      There's gotta be a website somewhere about stupid criminals ... this guy deserves a place of honour on it!
                      Use your Google-Fu and ye shall find . . . a lot of sites that are devoted to stupid criminal stories.

I do agree though . . . this one definitely needs more exposure. Maybe he'll learn what "low profile" really means after all this.

But if he's like most criminals, it'll sail right over his head and hit with a splat on the wall behind him.
                      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

I hate to say this but this is another prime example of the "intelligence" that is Wisconsin.
                        I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                        -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

We shot part of a TV movie in a prison. In order to get permission to go inside (other than committing a felony) you have to have a criminal background check. A number of crew "declined" the check while no less than four extras were arrested on outstanding warrants. WHY would you agree to a background check if you KNOW you are wanted? "Cuz I'z gonna be inna movie!"

Comment

I just felt my brain Fizzle at that one.

Comment

Working...
                            X