This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking I might need a new mouse and keyboard

Type of mouse: Logitech MX 1100 (wireless)

Problem: The problems seem to come in two flavors

1) The cursor occasionally moving so slow that it barely moves across the screen at all. Even if I'm moving the mouse a lot.

2) When I try to scroll, *that* goes so slowly that, again, it barely moves. The scrolling wheel spins, but the page just goes nowhere. When it happens, I tend to turn off the mouse and turn it back on and that fixes it for a while.

Type of keyboard: Logitech Wave 2.4 (wireless)

My keyboard, which came with the mouse as a set, has kinda a problem similar to the first problem I have with the mouse. Occasionally, I'll be typing and nothing will happen. Or I'll hit a key once, but the same letter will come up two or three times in a row.

I've tried not to have too much going on at the same time on my computer, just in case that could be the cause of all these problems, but it doesn't seem overly picky. They have just as much a chance of happening when I just have a single Word document open as when I'm running Firefox, AIM, and Winamp all at the same time.

Ideas? My dad suggested taking the keyboard and mouse apart, but I'm not too keen on that. At least, not by myself because I know that'll break things permanently.
    "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

My old work keyboard would do that if the batteries were low. It also might have something to do with the transceiver. If you're running it on a desktop in a rear usb slot, the computer could be causing interference.
    To ensure it does not happen again, we have changed our slogan to "F%#k you, I'm eating!" ----- Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

Quoth tech_monkey View Post
      If you're running it on a desktop in a rear usb slot, the computer could be causing interference.
      ...did not think of that, honestly. Problem is, though, that I only have two front slots I do occasionally use both of them at the same time (like, say, if I'm charging something and grabbing something off of my flash drive).

Also, RE: the batteries- The one in my mouse is rechargeable. And the ones in my keyboard, it usually tells me when those are starting to go. *just replaced them about a week ago*
      "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

I'd also suggest trying to borrow someone else's hard-wired mouse & keyboard.

i mean before you replace them. cos sometimes it's also software too

Comment

Update: My dad's solution to the mouse problem was to try to take it apart. There was no screw to easily remove to do that, though, so he opted to just turn the mouse upside-down and whack it against the desk in case something was lodged in there. It works better now...kinda. It doesn't slow down when scrolling, but it does this weird...shaking thing. When I stop scrolling, the page still does these quick up-and-down movements. Sometimes once, sometimes five times in a row.

Also, I uninstalled and reinstalled SetPoint (the software for the mouse and keyboard) to see if that'll further help things.

Comment

Quoth firecat88 View Post
            Update: My dad's solution to the mouse problem was to try to take it apart. There was no screw to easily remove to do that, though, so he opted to just turn the mouse upside-down and whack it against the desk in case something was lodged in there. It works better now...kinda. It doesn't slow down when scrolling, but it does this weird...shaking thing. When I stop scrolling, the page still does these quick up-and-down movements. Sometimes once, sometimes five times in a row.

Also, I uninstalled and reinstalled SetPoint (the software for the mouse and keyboard) to see if that'll further help things.
            I'd go with tech_monkey and say it's the position of the receiver. I have a dedicated USB extension taped to the back of my desk that's only for the receiver.

Oh, I don't think your Dad will have much luck poking inside (just due to the nature of the parts, very little that's user serviceable) but the screws are normally hidden underneath the pads.
            Lady, people aren't chocolates. D'you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling. Dr Cox - Scrubs

Comment

Working...
            X