This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upsuck

So this isn't my story, but a friends. His company was sending him his check, so he's waiting around, UPS was supposed to deliver it yesterday, UPS says it was never on the truck....following day, Good Guy Joe shows up and says he found his check, laying on the ground. It had FALLEN off the UPS TRUCK! What the hell UPS?! You would know it was on the truck specially if it had the mailing serial or w/e you call it, but saying it was never on the truck when you know it was?! No wonder <insert other better shipping company> is better.

Sadly, I prefer UPS. Company with the easter egg arrow in logo sucks ditchwater. Take today for example. I was expecting a pair of packages through FE. Because they required a signature, and FE never bothers to knock (last signature required package, I happened to look at the front door in time to see the driver walk up and slap an 'attempted to deliver' notice on the door, turn and walk away, no attempt to knock at all <no bell>) I was sitting in my front hall from 730am (deliver range is 8 am - 8 pm, I checked) with a few books. My daughter woke up (she often works till 4-5am) at 2 pm and came downstairs. While she was there, I went to check my email tracking to make sure the packages showed 'out for delivery'. The tracking actually stated they were delivered at 12:23 pm AND SIGNED FOR BY ME!! While I was getting ready to call FE, my daughter went to go water the garden in the back yard (yum the snow peas are delicious!) and found the 2 boxes sitting in the back yard.
    I've never had this problem with UPS.

Comment

Our company primarily uses UPS and for the most part they are stable and good. However when they mess up, they are a huge pain in the ass to get an answer from or get something resolved.
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

There is a good chance that it accidentally fell out somewhere along the line. These things do happen. It's very probable also that the driver spent the better part of an hour probably looking around the truck for it before deciding to call in and let the facility know he didn't have it, thus marking it as not making it onto the truck and likely got mixed in with another batch of shipments or even as far as getting put on the wrong truck.

I know when I worked for UPS, there were a few times we spent a lot of time looking through the truck trying to find items that either weren't on the truck or very well hidden.
        Getting offended is a great way to avoid answering questions that make you sound dumb. - exmocaptainmoroni

Comment

Quoth Teskeria View Post
          Sadly, I prefer UPS. Company with the easter egg arrow in logo sucks ditchwater. Take today for example. I was expecting a pair of packages through FE. Because they required a signature, and FE never bothers to knock (last signature required package, I happened to look at the front door in time to see the driver walk up and slap an 'attempted to deliver' notice on the door, turn and walk away, no attempt to knock at all <no bell>) I was sitting in my front hall from 730am (deliver range is 8 am - 8 pm, I checked) with a few books. My daughter woke up (she often works till 4-5am) at 2 pm and came downstairs. While she was there, I went to check my email tracking to make sure the packages showed 'out for delivery'. The tracking actually stated they were delivered at 12:23 pm AND SIGNED FOR BY ME!! While I was getting ready to call FE, my daughter went to go water the garden in the back yard (yum the snow peas are delicious!) and found the 2 boxes sitting in the back yard.
          I've never had this problem with UPS.
          Having worked for FedEx, I can tell you they take those sorts of shenanigans by drivers very seriously. Forging a signature (or forging anything on a delivery) is an instant firing.

Comment

Horror stories like these aren't limited to any particular delivery service. I've got similar stories from pretty much every one of the big services. I had a wedding reception wishing well (cardboard) tossed over a back patio wall in the middle of winter (than goodness the person borrowing it had wrapped it in plastic before boxing it up), an envelope full of photos shredded (and then delivered with no apology or explanation), a payroll package for 400 employees go missing behind the driver's seat for a week, computer equipment thrown onto the porch (impressive since we don't have a porch)... Every one of these examples was with a different service.

It's gotten to the point that the only delivery method I trust is me putting it in your hands personally, and that unfortunately isn't very practical for most things.
            "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

I've used FedEx, UPS, USPS and truck freight operations for at least 15 years and never had an issue with anybody..... that frankly terrifies me, as in I'm burning up my good karma and at some point, everything I order will be delivered to me flat and fully engulfed in flames for the rest of my life.
              - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Oh, I've never had an actual problem with UPS or Fedex for that matter. Now, the USPS? I wanna know how the heck they could have sent my memory card to another podunk town, instead of the podunk town it was supposed to go to! The address on the envelope was correct! Ah, well.. at least they didn't lose it or squish it.
                If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Working...
                X