This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nublet alert

Hey hey, ZombieDeterrent here. So yeah, I'm a bit of a nub round here, been lurking for a couple of days, thought I'd do the standard intro post.
    So I work in a busy convenience store, part of a nationwide chain here in the UK, have done for nearly 3 years.
    Before that I was a barman in a popular nightclub in my town for about 2 years, some of which was while I was also working for a very well known retail company who famously went bust a few years ago, so all in all I've got about 5 years of SCs to rant about, which will come out over the course of my tenure here.

Quick one from a couple of days ago- I was working a morning shift (5am start), and at about half past 6 a guy comes to the counter with milk, bread, a newspaper (standard for the time of day) and 4 cans of super strength lager. The terms of our licence say that we cannot serve alcohol before 8am. I politely explain this to him, at which point he suddenly flips, starts shouting at me saying I'm incompetent, unhelpful, rude, out to get him, etc etc yadda yadda, throws his money at me, pushes the milk off the counter onto my side (thank great zombie jesus it didn't explode), grabbed the cans and ran out of the store.

And that's a mild one.
    Shh! My Common Sense is tingling!
Working...
X