• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't think you understand how this works

Me: *spiel*
    Guy: Do you guys rent waverunners?
    Me: Yes we do.
    Guy: And are the prices on the website your real prices? $xx for an hour, $xxx for a half day, $xxx for a day....

It took me a good two seconds before I managed to say: Yes. The first thought that came to my mind was: No. Those are just our display prices. We triple them at the door.

Guy: And do you like, have to reserve them in advance?

That's recommended, yes. Otherwise you might not get one of our precious jetskiis.

Me: Yes.

I now expected him to rent one, now that we had established existence of rentals, prices of rentals, and procedure for rentals.

Guy: Thank you! Have a good day!

Okay. Goodbye then.

This might actually be signs of intelligent life in Customerville. Calling to verify prices found on a website isn't such a bad idea, given the number of out-of-date web pages that are out there. Your caller might just be seeing what is needed before committing to an event or activity - also not such a bad idea. And he or she did seem courteous enough.

Odd, perhaps, but I wouldn't characterize it as sucky.

Just sayin'.

Comment

Oh, I didn't find it sucky. Just amusing.

Comment

I would probably do something like that if I was looking into that sort of activity, because I'd want accurate information before I told whoever was coming with me, especially if we were splitting costs. I like to plan ahead and get all the details before I commit to something.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
        X