This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This goes into the "WTF?" category...

I get a call this morning asking for...wait for it...

Synthetic urine.

I am not joking.

That's right... fake pee.

I had to ask this guy to repeat himself and I repeated him to clarify because I couldn't believe I heard him right. Yes I heard him correctly.

Though I was so dumbfounded I asked if he was serious or if this was prank call and if he was serious, why on earth would he think that a tobacco store would SELL something like that.

"We go through our careers and things happen to us. Those experiences made me what I am."-Thomas Keller

Hmm, sounds like someone is trying to pass a drug test!
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth FuzzyKitten99 View Post

Though I was so dumbfounded I asked if he was serious or if this was prank call and if he was serious, why on earth would he think that a tobacco store would SELL something like that.

Quoth LillFilly View Post
      Not sure if nicotine shows up in your urine (quick check of Wiki shows that it does....hmmm....)

Also wouldn't most "fake" urine just be water and food dye anyway? (Yes I'm aware that urine is 95% water)

Either way, the guy is about 3 sheets to the wind.

(My other suggestion was that the guy lied on his application/resume claiming that he's a non-smoker)
      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

"You guys sell drugs right? Can you sell me something to pass a drugs test too?" ... O_o
        This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
        I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
          This.

In the military... this is why we don't get privacy for piss tests. You HAVE to pee in front of an observer. It's so the observer can verify the urine in the cup actually left your body. Cos every so often someone tries using bags of fake urine, or someone else's altogether.

Comment

Yup. Round here, there is quite a black market in buying the piss of people who are tobacco afficianados and only smoke tobacco.

Comment

It ranks right up there with fake doggie doo! (It also just ranks.)
              Why do they make Superglue but not Batglue?

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                This.

In the military... this is why we don't get privacy for piss tests. You HAVE to pee in front of an observer. It's so the observer can verify the urine in the cup actually left your body. Cos every so often someone tries using bags of fake urine, or someone else's altogether.
                Here's one thing: wouldn't a testing lab actually be able to detect fake urine as well? (is it possible to synthesize urea, the main compound?)

Comment

We sell fake urine at my store. Expensive as hell and few people buy it. They usually just buy the fake weed though.
                  A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.
                  Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
                    (is it possible to synthesize urea, the main compound?)
                    Urea was the very *first* organic chemical synthesized! (1828)
                    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

We used synthetic urine in our microbiology class the other day...we were practicing doing urine cultures to detect UTI.

Only legit use of synthetic urine I can think of....and our prof orders it from a medical testing supply co.
                      Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

Quoth FuzzyKitten99 View Post
                        I get a call this morning asking for...wait for it...

Synthetic urine.

I am not joking.

That's right... fake pee.

I had to ask this guy to repeat himself and I repeated him to clarify because I couldn't believe I heard him right. Yes I heard him correctly.

Here's my guess at his chain of 'logic':
                        Tobacco show sells rolling papers
                        Rolling papers can be used to smoke weed
                        Therefore, tobacco shop is actually a drug supply shop
                        Therefore they should have all relevant supplies, including those needed to pass a drug test.

The fact is there probably ARE tobacco shops that cross the line and do carry such things. But they probably don't admit to it over the phone.
                        Life: Reality TV for deities. - dalesys

Comment

Not sure if nicotine shows up in your urine (quick check of Wiki shows that it does....hmmm....)
                          One case I heard about was caught because of nicotine showing up. Someone was assigned to collect a post-race sample on a winning horse for the doping check, got tired of waiting for the horse to "produce", so he provided the sample himself. Flagged as a substitution due to the presence of nicotine. I wouldn't be surprised if the labs testing truckers looked for caffeine metabolites - and paid VERY close attention to any sample that turned up negative for that.

Here's one thing: wouldn't a testing lab actually be able to detect fake urine as well? (is it possible to synthesize urea, the main compound?)
                          If it weren't possible, all trucks (except "cornbinders") with 2010 emissions would be in BIG trouble, since (extremely pure) urea is the active ingredient in DEF.
                          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth mhkohne View Post
                            Here's my guess at his chain of 'logic':
                            Tobacco show sells rolling papers
                            Rolling papers can be used to smoke weed
                            Therefore, tobacco shop is actually a drug supply shop
                            Therefore they should have all relevant supplies, including those needed to pass a drug test.

The fact is there probably ARE tobacco shops that cross the line and do carry such things. But they probably don't admit to it over the phone.
                            aren't they "Head shop"s?

Comment

Working...
                            X