Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So if you want me to dispense that, why don't you prescribe it?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So if you want me to dispense that, why don't you prescribe it?

We get e-scripts. On top is the patient information. Then there's a section for the drug. In the drug field is the item name, strength, quantity, days supply etc., and a Dosage field, where they put the directions for the patient. They can either type free text in here, or they can use a prebuilt signatura ("sig" for short, meaning "Write this" in Latin) that they have a list of on their computer.

At the end of this section is a Notes field, where they can put whatever they want to write, but this field doesn't show up on the computer screen when I fill the prescriptions, only on the hard copy that prints out. This causes problems sometimes, because they occasionally write the sig in there as well as in the Dosage field, and sometimes it contradicts the "official" sig...

So today I get an e-script. In the Item Name field, it says "Hydrocortisone 2.5% cream". So I get ready to fill that, but just in case, I check the Notes field. In which I find the following text:
    Quoth Dr K-----
    If covered Id rathr use 0.1% triamcinolone

(ETA: Yes, I dispensed triamcinolone. I also circled that note, just in case a state board inspector or an insurance auditor wants to know how come I didn't fill what was in the Drug field.)
    Last edited by Shalom; 07-05-2012, 11:09 PM.

How whacked is that?!

My doc will give me 2 scrips if there is some question, the one he wants me to have, and a backup if the dispensary doesn't carry it. But then again, he knows that I have the smarts to understand A, if not A then B and not both.
    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

I like e scripts.

My doc gave me a script for prednisone yesterday. My pharmacy was filling it when I walked in the door.

Awesome

Doc in Shalom's case should have written for the drug he wanted and put the back up in the note "Dispense X if Y not available."
      They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Working...
      X