X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No updating, no rotating

D***, this drivers me crazy.
    I got a wide external screen, an Acer. One you can rotate. It's great when you read e-books, and normally great to do work-related things (brochures and ads) but it turn out to be complicated!

- If I use Windows (prof 7) to rotate the screen, I have to click this, that and there. And it doesn't understand what is right resolution.

- If I use Nvidia-panel, I usually succeed to turn my laptop's screen around. And get my brains explode whilst trying to move mouse to right direction. Okay, it works but you have to check out the selections. And check again!

- But then I got something that did feel good, Acer eDisplay Manager. I got right resolution and so, and rotating was easy. Fun for a while but thats it. I can't use it anymore without updating its software from web. Okay otherwise but when I did it, it asked again next day. And I can't use it, menus don't work. All I get is "CHECK UPDATES".

D***. I don't want to check updates every day!

So, what if I would not have connection to web? Connection lost for some reason? No use for display manager...

Do you still have your old monitor? Can you use that and use the Rotating monitor together? If so, one can be in landscape mode and the other in portrait mode. It may not look ergonomic, but you'll have a separate monitor for each mode.

Comment

Things are getting comlpicated. Complicated. Or something like that.

Helpdesk guy said it's nothing wrong with software, it's my videocard that needs updating. I did that. twice.
      Then I got pivot in eDisplay Manager and succeed to rotate my laptop's screen. I'm pretty good doing so. But not so good getting it back when mouse moves it's own mysterious ways.
      I've began to think that maybe I should keep the monitor but update my laptop. Or downgrade monitor if keeping laptop. Or buy a laser and print all...
      No e-book beats print in need to hit a fly.

Comment

Working...
      X