This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You could have just listened

SCM and SCW came into the office early this morning. CW dealt with them, but I was in the back office listening.

SCM: "Can we get a room?"
    CW: "Unfortunately, we sold out last night, so I don't have anything ready right now."
    SCW: "We need a nonsmoking."
    CW: "Like I said, we sold out last night. I can make you a reservation to check in later today, but I don't have anything ready right at this moment."
    SCM: "Okay, we'll try someplace else. Thanks."
    SCW: *to SCM as they leave* "She could have just told us that from the beginning!"

Yeah, CW was irked by that one.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

They're probably the same people who pull this move on the phone:

"Hello, thanks for calling Equestria Computers."
    "Is this Equestria Computers."
    "...yes it is."

I have this conversation at least twice a day.
    Last edited by Dave1982; 07-21-2012, 07:21 PM. Reason: Please do not quote the entire post. We just read it

Comment

Same problems - different hotel

Yeah, I have that same problem. There are always those people who come in on sold out nights and give me the stare of "huh" when I tell them there are no rooms. There are those that always have to instantly quote back - "you mean there are no rooms?" like this will somehow change the situation.

And then there was the guy who was in line behind a couple I was checking in (who actually had reservations) When it was his turn he asked me if we had any rooms and I said no we are sold out - his response???? - " You could have fuckin told me that in the first place." Really? How was I supposed to know you were standing there without a reservation - you could have been one of my actual reservations still due to arrive. What a loser.

Comment

At least they didn't ask for a sweet roll.
        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Do hotels still have NO Vacancy signs?
          They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

"Where is your bathroom?"
            "Right through there." *gestures toward door to back room; our store is VERY old)
            *wanders over to door, stops, points* "There?"
            *sighs, forces self NOT to slam head against counter* "Yes, ma'am/sir. Right through there."

Every. Fucking. Day. Now, I know there's an employees only sign on the swinging door, but when I tell you to go through there...go through there. End of story.
            "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Quoth Panacea View Post
              Do hotels still have NO Vacancy signs?

You bet they do.

"But that doesn't apply to ME! I'm Daddy's Precious Princess or Mommy's Special Boy! Of course they have a room for me!"
              I have a map of the world. It's actual size.

-- Steven Wright

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
                At least they didn't ask for a sweet roll.
                "Absurd that you can't get good sweet rolls...in this skeever hole of a city!"

Comment

You reminded me of a CW, let's call him Jimmy, at the Car Parks Office....

Jimmy - "Good morning, Car Park Services"
                  Caller - "Is that the Car Park Services office?"
                  Jimmy - "I believe that's what I said, yes."
                  Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

hahaha I feel like this board is AA for hotel front desk sometimes. Seriously it warms my heart.

"Hi, I'm Skarredmind, and I'm a Night Auditor"

Comment

Working...
                    X