This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My GM and the Guest Who tried for a Freebie

Ok, from my posts in MiM, you might get a negative impression of my GM. But, to be perfectly fair, my GM is a pretty good boss. He backs up his employees, even when they make a mistake, he HAS a spine, and is often willing to work with his employees when they are having problems.

Anyway, tonight he had a guest come up to the desk at 11:30PM, complaining that the website said we had Queen beds. He went on the website, and showed them that there were NO Queen's listed for our property.

She then complained that she didn't get HK service today. My GM brought out the HK notes and showed her that she had a DND on her room until 10AM, and then only asked for her towels to be changed.

Finally, she said she is just not happy with the room. He pointed out to her that she had checked in the previous night, and had not only not complained then, but hadn't said anything that morning either.

She, to say the least, was not happy.

SC
    "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

I'm amazed she ran out of complaints that quickly.

Good for your GM for not just automatically caving in!

Comment

I love managers that don't cave!
      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Documentation is an amazing thing.
        To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Working...
        X