Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know what else can kill you? Cats, especially if you have three of them and over slept. They will work together and try to kill you as you stumble across the house to feed their ungrateful selves.

Comment

Other things that could kill this woman, just so she has more on her list to up her worry quotient:

Cars, planes, trains, helicopters, kangaroos, dogs, cats, rats, bats, snakes, scorpions, acid rain, earthquakes, mud slides, volcano eruptions, building collapse, baseball bats, knives, scissors, razors, rocks, hyenas, alligators, crocodiles, bears, stairs, carnival rides, rivers, lakes, oceans, swimming pools, bathtubs, hot tubs, fat, salt, allergies, javelins, spears, crossbow bolts, arrows, swords, daggers, handguns, rifles, shotguns, grenades, cancer, viruses, pneumonia, chicken pox, measles, elevators, explosives, terrorists, domestic terrorists, gangs, illegal drugs, legal drugs, drug wars, drug territory wars, gang wars, road rage, bar fights, prison escapees, ice skating, bicycling, roller blading, skateboarding, heavy machinery, large trucks, small trucks, Greyhound buses, rabid greyhounds, ice, walk-in freezers, freezing temperatures, hot temperatures, droughts, heat stroke, hypothermia, Justin Bieber, alcohol, alcoholics, crock pots, crockery, crackheads, cracked bridges, ropes, broken ropes, garrottes, needles, the rack, tanks, F-16s, M-16s, Apache gunships, buckets, air bags, lack of air bags, chickens, milk, lamps, fresh fruit, fresh vegetables, canned fruit, canned vegetables, canned meat, canned fish, empty cans, garbage cans, garbage dumpsters, garbage trucks, mailmen, mail trucks, male dancers, female dancers, dance troupes, troubadours, and sharks.

There is not ONE thing on the above list that I could not make a case for being able to kill her either instantly or in a very, very short time. And she's worried about controlled, prescribed drugs that come with directions?

Allow me to repeat my earlier sentiment to her: shut the fuck up.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
        I respectfully disagree with you. While time certainly is a contributing factor, it cannot kill anything that was not born or brought into being at some point. And since the mortality rate for people, animals, and plants that are born or brought into being in some way is a solid, uncontested 100%, I stand by my statement.

Everything that is born dies. Everything.

Yes, Rose, everything dies. Not just this once, but all the time, throughout time, everywhere and everywhen, EVERYTHING dies.
        I will I see where you are coming from. However, your original statement was that birth itself was the cause. However, as you yourself have noted, not all living things are "born", technically speaking. Further-more, it is possible for a living being to die pre-birth. Therefore, I believe my statement that it is time, and not birth, is what leads to death, is the more accurate evaluation.

Comment

Many years ago, when I was somewhat crankier, I debated telling my ex that I had found out that I had a lethal sexually transmitted disease with no hope of a cure... and that I'd had while she was with me.

Wasn't going to tell her that the disease was LIFE.
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Jester, Pitch Black..I have a counter statement for both of you. Neither birth nor time is the leading cause of death. Life is the leading cause of death. For if it is alive, it will die (somehow someway), and that which is not alive can not die (though it can be destroyed). Though without birth or time it is a moot point so...*shrugs*
            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
              Jester, Pitch Black..I have a counter statement for both of you. Neither birth nor time is the leading cause of death. Life is the leading cause of death. For if it is alive, it will die (somehow someway), and that which is not alive can not die (though it can be destroyed). Though without birth or time it is a moot point so...*shrugs*
              Actually... isn't there a jellyfish that when it gets to a certain age it somehow reverts back to polyp stage and goes through its life cycle again? I thought I read an article about it.
              My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
              It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

Quoth AmbrosiaWriter View Post
                Actually... isn't there a jellyfish that when it gets to a certain age it somehow reverts back to polyp stage and goes through its life cycle again? I thought I read an article about it.
                Perhaps, but then neither birth nor time would matter to this either.
                Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth quitcallingme View Post
                  You know what else can kill you? Cats, especially if you have three of them and over slept. They will work together and try to kill you as you stumble across the house to feed their ungrateful selves.
                  That's rather passive for cats, really. All the ones I've known will actively try to smother you in your sleep, either directly with their furry body, or by methane poisoning, if you gather my drift.
                  "English is the result of Norman men-at-arms attempting to pick up Saxon barmaids and is no more legitimate than any of the other results."
                  - H. Beam Piper

Comment

Quoth PatchO'Black View Post
                    I will I see where you are coming from. However, your original statement was that birth itself was the cause. However, as you yourself have noted, not all living things are "born", technically speaking. Further-more, it is possible for a living being to die pre-birth. Therefore, I believe my statement that it is time, and not birth, is what leads to death, is the more accurate evaluation.
                    I had a few ideas on things I would say to you in response, and every single one of them was wiped my mind by a higher power with more insight on the subject than either one of us:

Quoth Mytical View Post
                    So damn true. LIFE is the #1 cause of death! For everything that has ever lived has died or will die, and everything that ever will live will also die.

Life--the most lethal thing known to man!

Well played, Mytical. Well played indeed.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                    Still A Customer."

Comment

Just keep the following in mind:

That which does not kill you only postpones the inevitable.
                      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Fire_on_High View Post
                        That's rather passive for cats, really. All the ones I've known will actively try to smother you in your sleep, either directly with their furry body, or by methane poisoning, if you gather my drift.
                        Or else they'll just pad over near your face while you sleep and suck your breath and/or soul out through your nostrils >_>

(iirc, this was once used as an explanation for babies dying with no apparent cause)
                        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth quitcallingme View Post
                          Naw, they're not trying to kill you. Staff is necessary to their well being. They're just trying to be sure you're aware of the serious consequences of not doing your job properly.

Madness takes it's toll....
                          Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
                            I would agree with you, but you got my name wrong, so obviously I must question the accuracy of your statements...

Comment

Jester, Pitch Black--

Remember the quote from "Fight Club"--

"On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero."
                              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
                              X