This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll just magic one shall I?

So recently I've been doing a lot of Admin work - money stuff, payroll e.t.c, so no customers *YAY*

Today however, I ventured onto the unknown, the shop floor.

I jumped onto a till to take a payment and when I was done I did my opening "High there, how can I help" spiel.

SC: Yeah I went and bought this fridge freezer from a branch in XXXX (at least 50 miles away) - it got delivered today and there's no water filter.

Me: Oh I'm sorry, let me help you with that, I'll just go speak to my..

SC: Yeah so I phoned your customer service line, they told me just to come here and you'll give me one.

Me *Already cheesed off, I hate when people interrupt me.* I'll go speak to my Fridge Freezer expert and see if I can get you one.

I go to our expert and he tells me we don't have any, like at all, none bupcass (this is fairly important)

So I go back to the SC.

Me: I'm sorry but we don't have any to give you
    SC: I have this reference number from when I spoke to them.
    Me *inputs reference number* OK Sir, this says they spoke to the store you purchased it from, they're happy to give you a filter, they never spoke to us.
    SC: This is ridiculous you're saying that in this shop you don't have a single filter that will fit my fridge. They should all have one.
    Me: I agree, but clearly they don't all have one otherwise you wouldn't be here.
    SC: You're just been awkward now.

Oh yes sir, I actually enjoy the times when customers come in and call me incompetent and say I can't do my job. I have five filters here, I'm just waiting till you start to threaten to beat me before I give you one, I like stuff like that.

Needless to say SC left without a filter, probably because WE DIDN'T HAVE ANY!

You need a filter. This store doesn't have any. The store you bought your fridge from does. This store just told you that. What the FLYING FUCK is your problem?

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

Yeah ... um ... why didn't the SC go to the store that HAD the filters??

Comment

Quoth Pixilated View Post
        Yeah ... um ... why didn't the SC go to the store that HAD the filters??
        Distance, maybe? But you'd think that, at the very least, they'd call to see if the other store has filters as well before just showing up and demanding one...

Comment

Quoth Willowe View Post
          Distance, maybe? But you'd think that, at the very least, they'd call to see if the other store has filters as well before just showing up and demanding one...
          Uh, you DO realize where you are, right?

*Looks at top of the screen*

SC
          "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

The hardest part was when the SC said "They told me to go here"

I had to resist the urge to go "Um, no they freaking didn't it's there. The entire conversation."

Bonus suck for you. The conversation log shown that the SC had told operator that he had got a new sat-nav and so would need the address of the branch 50 miles away...

Comment

So the customer buys a fridge at branch "A", doesn't get the water filter, then goes to branch "B" to get the filter. Since the OP used the term "give them a filter", I assume that the filter is supposed to be included with the purchase of a fridge, but is packaged separately. Even if branch "B" had the filters (which they didn't), it raises a few questions:

- Branch "A" made the profit on the sale of the fridge. Presumably the filters cost money. If branch "B" gives them a filter, then branch "B" has to eat the cost of the filter, and branch "A" makes more than they should have (since they don't have to buy a replacement for the filter they didn't give out). How is this supposed to be fair?

- Branch "B" has filters because (presumably) they need to give them out with the fridges they sell. If they give one out to someone who bought a fridge at branch "A", then they'll be short, so one of their customers won't get the filter when they buy a fridge. How is this supposed to be fair?
              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

We balance out, filters are supposed to come in the appliances, if the customer buys them off display the shop may forget to give them as some stores remove them due to high levels of theft.

Comment

Working...
                X