This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never even had to ask

To mark my son J's last day at his primary school (and to celebrate his truly awesome report and exam results - yay!) I took him out for Sunday lunch at the restaurant in our village (right on the edge of the water, lovely setting).
    We'd been there before, and J's very fond of their penne pasta with fresh tomato sauce. So when the waitress came to take our order, that's what he asked for.

Waitress: Oh I'm sorry, we're not serving that today - just the dishes on the Sunday Specials' menu.

J's face fell, but he looked at the menu again and decided he would have the pizza instead, please. The waitress went away and I said to J, 'Never mind, I'll save up and maybe we can come here again sometime on a weekday'.

At that point the waitress came back and told J 'I've asked the chef, and he's going to make a portion of the penne specially'. Cue big beaming smiles and thankyous from J and me.

I thought that was lovely, we didn't even ask for her to do that. I made sure I left a big tip.
    Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

That is so wonderful!
    I no longer fear HELL.
    I work in RETAIL.

Comment

Working...
    X