X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For our tech support members...

...or any who have dealt with tech support that offered little support:

http://consumerist.com/2012/07/att-t...my-po-box.html

Normally i'd link to the real article, but they apparently don't have one this time.
    Seph
    Taur10
    "You're supposed to be the head of covert intelligence. Right now, I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of intelligence. Covert, overt, or otherwise!"-Lochley, B5, A View from the Gallery

Wow. You don't even need to work in tech support to know how extra special that is.
    "If you pray very hard, you can become a cat person." -Angela, "The Office"

Comment

That is DEFINITELY someone who should NOT be working any type of tech support. Or any job that requires thinking.

Comment

Or it could be someone in another country with a good American accent (and they don't know what a PO box is).
        Quote Dalesys:
        ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Wooow. That there is a new kind of special.
          Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
          Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Dah.. wha? Huh?

Oh, my god, I didn't think it was possible to break my brain from stupid IT comments anymore. Damn, I hate being proven wrong.

I need more coffee.
            "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

the rep must have been joking, that's what i believe, and I'm sticking with it. It's the only way i can keep what little faith in humanity I had left.

Comment

O. M. G.

And this is the same company that we have both landline and wireless phone through.
                Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth sstabeler View Post
                  the rep must have been joking, that's what i believe, and I'm sticking with it. It's the only way i can keep what little faith in humanity I had left.
                  Oh I wish I could say that they were joking, but I've had AT&T Tech support (Tier 1) kill our U-Verse gateway after trying to diagnose a problem we were having with extremely slow internet speeds (12mpbs that's clocking at less than 1mbps on a speed test) and then tell me I needed to call their ConnecTech service because it had to be a problem with our computers.

It took me calling back about 3 times and demanding a Tier 2 tech to get something done. It also got our receivers at no charge and free HBO for six months. There are some truly inept phone techs and there are some truly awesome techs. Sadly I think they cull the awesome ones in favor of the inept ones.

If it weren't for the fact that both DaDairyDruid and I hate the local cable company with the fury of a thousand suns, we'd go back to them. But they aren't worth the headaches they've given us in the past.
                  Random conversation:
                  Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
                  DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

When our uverse modem died on a Saturday night, roomie spent an hour + on the phone Sunday morning with at least one tech trying to diagnosis the issue. When the problem wasn't resolvable they came the very next day and set up a brand new modem for us (hardware issue, not our fault). Other then that we haven't had to call for tech support. (we have Internet and cell phones through AT&T)
                    Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                    Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Working...
                    X