This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Weebles Appear to be Over...

A little while back, I had a bit off a wibble, after learning that my mum had a fibroid ("Bob") and was going to require a hysterectomy, and have an induced menopause before hand.

Some of you ladies here left lovely messages of support Thank you all x

So last week, mum had her hysterectomy. The previous 3 months have been very difficult, as she has had to cope with the rapid hormonal changes from the implants designed to essentially kill off Bob and shrink him as he was apparently leeching off her female hormones. Unfortunately, in addition to mood swings, needing regular shaving (that annoyed her) and all the other "fun" things, the pain continued to be severe, and mum felt that Bob was not shrinking as planned. He kinda needed to be smaller for surgery. Towards the end of it all, mum was getting very emotional- fearful for surgery, fearful for the recovery, and even fearful for her job (she tried going back to work, and her new cunt manager practically had her running the place alone, despite the fact she was on powerful painkillers and plainly not well! I think this will get a thread of its own!).

But the surgery went really well. Mum was discharged on Friday, but required an ambulance on Saturday night due to complications- the trapped air in her abdomen wouldn't pass and she was in excrutiating pain. But she was discharged yesterday, and I came home from work to a lovely sight; mum sitting the living room armchair (she had been bed-bound previously).

Dad took her on a seafront stroll today...she's tired but we think it did her some good. The last week has been so stressful that I'm surprised I only cried once, and didn't murder several people ^^;; But all in all, I feel confident that mum's recovery will go well from here. We also had some good news.

She was told months ago that she would have to go on HRT after the surgery, but her ovaries actually survived the hormone treatment. They should be kicking back in any day now. Mum won't have to go through menopause yet (and certainly not accelerated in 3 months again) and apparently it will be easier to deal with the time comes naturally.

It transpires that Bob was not 12cm in diameter. He grew between the ultrasound 4 months ago and the surgery. He was 15 cm O_O

I'm so so glad to have my mummy back ; ____ ; (happy tears).

Very happy to hear she's doing so much better!
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Aw, I'm so glad she's gotten through everything alright. I hope she has a speedy recovery as well

Comment

Congrats, I am so happy that it went well! (and yes, the shaving is a pain...)
        Remember, stressed spelled backwards is desserts.

Comment

I am glad your mother is doing better. May she have a speedy and thorough recovery.
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I'm so glad to hear your mum is doing better for both of you
            Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
            What's the difference?
            We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

Working...
            X