This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EW Sighting at the docs

Today I had my hopefully last apointment with a oral and maxillofacial surgeon, I had a badly infected tooth, swollen cheek, taking antibiotics... one word summery: OUCH!!!!!!! Today the suture was removed, well that was the only painless thing the doc did to me.
    So as I was sitting in the waiting room at 8am, a little girl perhaps 7 or 8 years came in with her mother, the poor kid was clearly in pain, so most likely a walk-in. Another woman was waiting too. The girl was called in within 5 mins, I hope the doc was able to help her.
    About 10 minutes later I was called, 5 mins later I was on my way out. Only to find the other woman ranting at the receptionist: "Why do I have to wait that long... blahblahblah... my time is valuable..." Me: <set voice = stunning sarcasm> "Yeah, clearly more valuable than a little girl in distress..." EW: "erm... yeah..." and she slunk back into the waiting room. I got a heartfelt "Thank you!" from the receptionist.

I can't stand these EWs and will not keep my mouth shut!
    No trees were killed in the posting of this message.

However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Good for you!

Comment

Awesome response

Dentists work quick in most instances; they usually have several patients in the chair at once. The EW probably got roomed right after you left . . . into the chair you vacated.
      They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Yeah, they have 2 normal denstist rooms, one small operating theatre and one big operating theatre with general anesthetics capability. Normaly there are 2 docs, but one of them ill.

They are excellent with scheduling, the wait time is max 10 minutes even with one doc missing. But I never complain anyway about waiting longer when someone in pain walks in. I had to do that myself more than once, not just there and others had to wait because of that.

Comment

Quoth BeeMused View Post
          Yeah, they have 2 normal denstist rooms, one small operating theatre and one big operating theatre with general anesthetics capability. Normaly there are 2 docs, but one of them ill.

They are excellent with scheduling, the wait time is max 10 minutes even with one doc missing. But I never complain anyway about waiting longer when someone in pain walks in. I had to do that myself more than once, not just there and others had to wait because of that.
          I'm waiting and someone walks in, in pain, and gets taken before me? Cool, I'll keep beating stuff up on my PsP/reading my book.

I'm waiting and someone who was scheduled at 12:15pm swaggers into the room, while I was ten minutes early for my 12:45 appointment and it is now 12:55 and that other person gets taken in first?

That makes me pretty annoyed, but I still wouldn't berate the receptionist, or even the dentist/doctor/whomever. I'll keep doing what I was doing to entertain myself, and later make a calm, polite comment that people on time for their scheduled appointment should be taken in before someone who was late for theirs.

Good on you for putting the EW in her place though. Doesn't it feel awesome?
          My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
          It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

Quoth AmbrosiaWriter View Post
            Doesn't it feel awesome?
            YES!!!!

Comment

to you.

No doubt if the tables were turned the SC would want someone else forcibly removed from their chair because she has to be seen NOW!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X