This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr. Who 50th Anniversery...

Is coming up next year and the BBC has planned a 90 minute film tracing the history of the series. It is tentatiively called An Adventure in Space ANd Time.

http://movies.msn.com/movies/article...id=rr-mov-news

http://screenrant.com/doctor-who-doc...pecial-photos/

A link to various articles concerning the 50th

There are rumors of past Dr.s making appearences in the story lines but nothing is set in stone yet just rumors
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Sounds good!

I grew up watching Dr Who off and on [ Jon Pertwee, Tom Baker, didn't like the blond guy in the Brighton at the Beach costume, then the Geordie was my next Doctor]
    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Hmm. I remember back when they celebrated the 20th anniversary with "The 5 Doctors".

Which makes me sad though too, cos they'll never be able to do "The 11 Doctors", not with everyone prior to Baker being dead.

Tho having the remaining ones coming back for visits could be fun.

Although if I could have my deepest wish... we'd see 8's story. Because if you think about it, EIGHT was the one who burned Gallifrey. They really left one of the darkest stories to the Doctor who only had one episode. And someday they should give him that story.

Although speaking of reunions, having 9 and 10 back could be fun. Most of my random Doctor Who dreams cast Tennant as the Dr, tho some have been Smith too. Which is odd cos as much as I liked 10, I kinda got bored with the whole "heartthrob" thing and felt 11 freshened things up with his weird old-fashioned-but-modern mix.

anyway this should be interesting. and meh. .. season 7 isn't even aired yet? well fuck. there goes my hopes of buying the first half on dvd any time soon

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
        Although if I could have my deepest wish... we'd see 8's story. Because if you think about it, EIGHT was the one who burned Gallifrey. They really left one of the darkest stories to the Doctor who only had one episode. And someday they should give him that story.
        Agreed. I know Paul McGann did a lot of audio stories, but I'd still like to see him play the Doctor again; the TV movie wasn't enough! And he's still young enough to play his version of the Doctor.
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
          Hmm. I remember back when they celebrated the 20th anniversary with "The 5 Doctors".

Which makes me sad though too, cos they'll never be able to do "The 11 Doctors", not with everyone prior to Baker being dead.
          When they made The Five Doctors, William Hartnell was dead and Tom Baker declined to appear.

When they made The Three Doctors, William Hartnell was very ill and couldn't travel to the studio. They filmed his scenes in his garage.

I am sure they could use a little TV magic.
          "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Working...
          X