X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotel Tales: "Too Little, Too Late" Edition

I'm Not Going to Make it

Friday night at ~2AM I get a call from the only guest that had yet to arrive. He wanted to cancel his reservation, because he was stranded (by the "We'll Pick You Up" Rental car company) 2 1/2 hours from our location.

He apparently had been stranded since 6PM. If he had called then, we might have been able to work something out. 8 hours later, you are far too late.

Elephants in the Hallway

Had a guest come to the desk at 7:30AM (Sat. Morning) complaining that their were people running up and down the hallway for 3 hours, making so much noise that it sounded like elephants in the hallway.

I apologized, and said if he had called to the desk to let us know, we would have He claimed that he called the desk twice, once at ~11:45PM, the next at ~12AM. Both of these were before I came in, and I talked that (Sat) night with 2nd shift, and she hadn't received any calls from that room.

I apologized again for the noise, and he wandered away, but a minute later he was back, and asked "Is that all you're going to do?"

His reservation was through a 3rd Party so I could not offer a discount/refund, and he had called 2x in a 15 minute window, when this supposedly went on for 3 hours. So I told him "I'm sorry, but if you had called down to the desk a few more times, we may have been able to take care of it."

He said, "Oh, so you're laying it on me! We'll see about this. I'm calling your corporate number."

Sorry, Wrong Country

On August 6th, we had a no show, and they were charged the No Show fee. On August 12th, I get a call from a booking agent saying that the guest had mixed us up with a Canadian hotel. They wanted to know if we were going to charge for a no show. I informed them that it had already been charged. They said they sent an e-mail about this on August 8th.

Once again, if they had called when the error was realized, something may have been able to be done. Now it's almost a WEEK later.

SC
    "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Yeah, you gotta wonder about people like that.

We had a funeral home call to tell us a family was disputing charges on a notice that missed the paper. A MONTH AGO. I'm guessing it was the family that dragged their feet because this funeral home is extremely professional and detail-oriented.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I've waived late cancellation fees for people, but yeah, 2am is a little late, any chance of reselling the room is about 2 hours expired by then...

The noise complaints too. If they did more to complain about the issue, there would have been something I could have done. I had one Saturday night where a wedding party was not only making a racket but apparently shooting ketchup all over the 3rd floor walls. Old guy comes down in the morning all pissed off about it. 1) Its a little late NOW, to quiet them down so you can sleep, you're checking out. 2) How the hell would I have known they were playing with food unless someone TOLD me. 3) Its not like I was up there helping them, I understand its annoying, can you imagine what it will be like for the poor housekeeper who has to clean that up? But no, you saw some ketchup on the way down this morning, you should get a free room right?

Comment

Quoth BroSCFischer View Post
        Sorry, Wrong Country

On August 6th, we had a no show, and they were charged the No Show fee. On August 12th, I get a call from a booking agent saying that the guest had mixed us up with a Canadian hotel. They wanted to know if we were going to charge for a no show. I informed them that it had already been charged. They said they sent an e-mail about this on August 8th.

Once again, if they had called when the error was realized, something may have been able to be done. Now it's almost a WEEK later.

SC
        That third-party agency didn't start with an H or an E, did it? If so, it was most likely NOT the customer that made the mistake

Comment

Quoth Mriswith View Post
          That third-party agency didn't start with an H or an E, did it? If so, it was most likely NOT the customer that made the mistake
          Nope. It was a different 3rd party agency.

SC
          "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

Even if it was the third party agency's fault, he's still responsible for actually, you know, checking to ensure the confirming is accurate, isn't he?

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
            X