Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fine, I'll just take my stuffed animals and...something...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth dalesys View Post
    ...ones with custom modifications...
    Or even worse.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Kristev View Post
      I suggest the Salvation Army. Those stuffed animals could make several little kids' Christmases. Trust me.
      Also Toys for Tots, if they'll take them. For the same reason of course.

You also might want to look around the community to see if any groups are doing their own charities. I've gotten involved with a new roller derby team for example; many of their events are teamed with things like Operation Wounded Soldier, or other charities.

There may be other similar groups in your area.

Comment

I remember hearing about how a lot of children's waiting areas had gotten rid of any plush toys because they were hard to clean and could harbor germs too well.

My mom asks me to make her funny hats and stuff to give to the kids at the Ronald McDonald Room where she volunteers; makes the kids' day, and is OK as long as the parents are cool with it. I'm obsessed with 'Angry Birds' and those claw games where you have to grab a toy, and I try to win as many angry birds as I can, but then I end-up with dozens and give them to mom for the kids!
        "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
          Also Toys for Tots, if they'll take them. For the same reason of course.

Toys for Tots definitely only takes new toys.

Madness takes it's toll....
          Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Quoth TexasT View Post
            Really? In 2 months, things have really changed that much? I don't know if I should call the first woman to still try to give them or just take them to Goodwill. Part of me wants to e-mail someone higher up just to confirm policy, but I'm afraid I'll get nice woman in trouble if she wasn't supposed to take them.
            Try your local ER. A couple I used to work with would do toy drives to keep toys handy for kids in the ER.

Quoth dalesys View Post
            ...ones with custom modifications...
            Well, sparky won't make 'em so the pervs have got to do something!
            They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
              (I also tried to give some of our old blankets to the humane society, and they were overstocked and didn't need any more!)
              Try your local veterinarian or emergency vet clinic. When I worked as a vet tech, we ALWAYS needed more blankets, towels, and newspapers! and digital thermometers, and laundry detergent, and paper towels, and....well, just go ask what they might need!
              Last edited by Primer; 08-24-2012, 06:14 AM.
              Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Yeah, when I got into my car accident (what a tale, really), I was offered a teddy bear. I was all "F*@$ that" mostly because I hated the neckbrace that much. They'd actually found the bones that were broken when they picked me up to put me on the stretcher, cause they grabbed my right arm (clavicle was fractured) and left leg (tibia and fibula broken). But I can't blame them. They didn't know. It was just bad luck.

But yes, I was not in the mood to take the bear. They left it with me and I appreciated it more after I was patched up and on painkillers. XD (I was around 11.)

Comment

Working...
                X